[SOLVED] Weird little squares on Shadow of The Colossus
Question 
Hi everyone !

Yesterday, everything was fine in the game but today, after a few seconds, numberous little multicolor squares appears and they don't go away (see at the end of the post). The screenshot shows only a few of them but they're almost everywhere on my screen!
I've tried all the options of the video plugins but the only way to get rid of them is to lower the resolution (2x native instead of 3x).

Does somebody knows this issue (and how to solve it)?

PC configuration :
i7-3770k @ 3.5ghZ
16gb RAM
Geforce GTX 650 Ti 2gb Ram (Gainward)
Win 7 Ultimate 64bits-SP1

Emul:
PCSX2 1.0.0
Settings on 4
Videoplugin : GSDX 5334 0.1.16

Sponsored links

[quote]Settings on 4/Quote]

set them on safest
what are your gsdx settings ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thanks for the quick reply !

Even on safest, it doesn't make them disappear.

GSDX settings :
- Direct3D D11 Hardware (D9 is the same pb)
- Interlacing : None
- Scaling : 3x native (2x make them disappear, it's really poorer but playable)
- then only "Texture filtering" and "Allow 8-Bit textures" are on
Quote:- Scaling : 3x native (2x make them disappear, it's really poorer but playable)
you found your solution.
running a game at a higher resolution thant the one it was made for may produce glitches.
your found one.
maybe you could try higher ones, though.
something like 4x.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Yeah but the weird thing that yesterday I played for 2 hours and it worked properly so I don't understand why today should be different.

Anyway the 2x native works fine, 4x lowers my computer too much.

Thanks for the informations !
On a guess, i would say your GPU is overheating, i suggest making sure the fan is working on it and that it isn't clogged up with dust.

you can confirm this by downloading GPU-Z from here: http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/225...-z-v0-7-2/
When you run it, bring up the "Sensors" tab and tick the box that says "Continue to refresh while in background", then run pcsx2. If your temp is going over 90c, you have a problem.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(08-25-2013, 12:46 PM)refraction Wrote: On a guess, i would say your GPU is overheating, i suggest making sure the fan is working on it and that it isn't clogged up with dust.

+1
Thank you guys,

I already have a software that comes with my graphic cards, ExpertTool (from Gainward), It wasn't overheating that much (50°C), I pushed its fan a bit up, the temperature was only 30-40°C but the squares were still on...

Anyway, I finished the game so I won't bother you anymore with that (I hope).

Thanks for everything!
GPU's are meant to handle 110 C seems to be the saftety shutdown point on most GPU's. So your being at 50C is is quite cool actually.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
That's what I was thinking... anyway, nobody has a real clue about this weird square thinks, maybe a incompatibility between my GPU and PCSX2.