SOTC (ps3) vs SOTC (PS2)
Hello,

I've just compared sotc ps3 (remastered) to the ps2 version emulated ...  And i TD am quite frankly shocked  Blink an appalled  Huh about the results on the ps2 compared to the ps3 version !!!

The ps3 version play just P-E-R-F-E-C-T at 100% emu speed Rolleyes on my old AMD FX-xxxx system !!!

in pcsx2 i need to enable all sorts hacks to improve emu speed like "underclock" wich results in lil jerky gameplay , too much bloom , bad fov etc ..; Whereas on rpcsc3 , i can disable the bloom , encrease fov thanks to game patches and MOST important the game play's at 100% emu speed ALL the freakin time .. Laugh  

FAQ→  HOW on this Global EARTHLY existence is that even possibruUUU?  I've been told arround here that pc system hit the limits as far as emulating some ps2 games at 100%..  Baldurs Gate comes to mind! 

But so far i've tested 3 PS3 games, and high action games no less ... RUN ALL AT 100% ...

Iam dumbfound about dis ↑ .... 

I realy expect crawling speeds trying to emulate ps3 games on my fx cpu system ! I only have but one tiny word for this  → .... *Chortles*  Laugh

Sponsored links

run the game on your real PS2, and tell us if it runs better than on your PS3. you'll have the answer
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-30-2022, 06:13 PM)jesalvein Wrote: run the game on your real PS2, and tell us if it runs better than on your PS3. you'll have the answer

I get what you trying to say.  obviously the "remastered" versions are supposed to be the polished and →optimized version.

But still, apart from the slowdowns on ps2 i had much gpu glitches ingame sotc too !!  Like white glow arround the birdies and my sword !! Whereas and again on rpcs3 i don't have these kind of gpu glitches in the emu.  And most IMPORTANT of ALL ... I don't get MOTION SICKNESS playing this game on the ps3 emulator !!!  Realy, i loved the playgame so much just to get motion sick after playing about 10min because of the jerky camera either that and / or because of the speed hack "underclock" = Frame skipping !!!!

for real, they have done an good job at remastering this game on ps3 must say  Rolleyes

Iam realy surprised my ol system can run ps3 emu so well.. Imagine the release of ps3 is only an few years before the release of my fx-xxx cpu LoL..

cheers,
TD
It's not exactly this.
Again, try it on your real ps3, then on your real ps2. the difference isn't only about the "remastering".
It'll be obvious when you'll have done so
(11-30-2022, 06:44 PM)jesalvein Wrote: It's not exactly this.
Again, try it on your real ps3, then on your real ps2. the difference isn't only about the "remastering".
It'll be obvious when you'll have done so

But surely THE MOST IMPORTANT improvement over the ps2 version is the Camera Motion in this game.. That and / or 60fps / framerate mayhap

HOLY COW Rolleyes , i LITTERALLY thought i wos gonna die that day..when i played it on ps2!! 
I wos motion sick for like 2 day's in a row... my stomach up side down , would you believe this poor duck  Mellow !!!

Now, playing it again on ps3 i don't feel that horrible anymore...fortunately..  I had lots of motion sickness in fast paced games on ps2 console in the past, seriously ...   Games i loved to play through because of the fun gameplay, but lil you can do to remedie motion sickness... Ohmy except.. REST .. flat on my back .. X_X

I'd tell ya, this hd remasterd version on ps3 is on dis Ducks how-to to-do walkthrough list for sure  Laugh
PS4 remaster is definitely better IMO
Problem is this game was ahead of its time, and a PS2 was unable to play it properly.
(11-30-2022, 07:34 PM)jesalvein Wrote: PS4 remaster is definitely better IMO
Problem is this game was ahead of its time, and a PS2 was unable to play it properly.

Just like ps1 wos ahead of its time, rendering fmv cutscenes into gameplay (FFVII comes to mind)..

I've seen it, graphics compared to ps2/ps3 are day and night for sure... Tongue 
But iam happy playing ps 1,2,3 games in somewhat upscaled graphics..and 100% emu speed (a MuST).

2 out of 4 isn't bad, considering the best & enjoyable games ever made wos on pS One und Two → HANDS DOWN  .
They've could have do so much better by Remastering ALL of the PS classics , like parasite Eve series , final fantasies etc etc... c'mon... now..

Today, it's aLLL about FPs this and Action that  !!!  No real and MOST important enjoyable content anymore  !!
ok. no dice.
*sigh* at least i would have tried
(11-30-2022, 08:13 PM)jesalvein Wrote: ok. no dice.
*sigh* at least i would have tried

Oh... i seee ... duck sees Ninja  hehe..

any ps4 emu recommendations Tongue  *Chortles* Laugh
(11-30-2022, 08:27 PM)ToiletDuck Wrote: Oh... i seee ... duck sees Ninja  hehe..

any ps4 emu recommendations Tongue  *Chortles* Laugh

suuuuuuuure