SOUND DELAY?!?!
i have an entry level mbp but its the sept 2010 version. It works fine though. Perhaps playing with some of your other settings might give you some better results. http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFXII-Bes...#pid164681 is a post i made with what i use to make ffx and ffxii work pretty smooth. Although i think right now im running chop/zero instead of nearest. But im not really sure why your sound is delayed.
13" 2010 Mac Book Pro - Snow Leopard 10.6.7 - Pcsx2 Version: 0.9.6 (and praying on 0.9.7 to release)
2.4Ghz Intel Duo Core | NVIDIA 320M (256mb) | 4 Gigs 1067mhz DDR3 Ram

Sponsored links

I have a brand new top of the line MacBook Pro, and I have so far tried almost everything to fix this issue to no avail. Right now I think Lion is the top suspect if flurgle is a Lion user too.
Anyway, I tried installing the windows version via CrossOver Games and everything is fine now. Don't know if I'll run into bugs later but Suikoden V seems to run just fine. Wouldn't recommend doing this on a lower-end machine though, performance would probably be bad.
Yes, if you are to go back to the mac version, upgrade to lion and uncheck all of your sound plugin config boxes (even the recommended ones). When the game first starts there is a hint of delay but after a few seconds of gameplay there is no delay at all for me now.
13" MacBook Pro (March 2011)
Display: 1280x800
CPU: Intel Core i5 2.3 GHz w/ 2.9 GHz Turbo Boost
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3