SPU2-X 1.5!
(06-17-2011, 07:26 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: If you have actual surround system you could try it (like 5.1 in a home theater). Catmull should enhance the bass and highs and should be kept.

Although I hadn't enough time to in depth test the new plugin yet, it sounded good on a light test with Xenosaga II (I did not pass the first screen to listen it in actual play yet, will do later).

To me the plugin is nicely balanced, I can't imagine why you ever set that reverb boost, maybe the sound card is doing a difference (mine is a X-Fi titanium).

That's the thing, even without Reverb Boost, Final Fantasy X had some reverb in 1.4.0. But in the next version, 1.5.0, there is NO REVERB WHATSOEVER. How many times do I have to explain this? I even updated the drivers to the most recent version (as of this month).
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio

Sponsored links

The same number of times we try to tell that might be with your sound card or sound setup. My advice is returning to previous version until the issue is clarified, if it is indeed an issue with the plugin or that game in special.
Imagination is where we are truly real
No, it's not a soundcard or driver issue.
Reverb is complicated and we're still working on it.
Try the fake reverb for now for a pretty interesting result.
*Sigh* All right. I'll keep testing. Sorry about my earlier harsh criticisms/assumptions. Grandia 3 sounds really good now!
Custom Desktop
Good thing is you can always go back to old version of the plugin if you don't like it, can always just use the new one for the games it fixes Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Moved by curiosity I performed a short test with FFX. To my sensibility the sound was more clear and clean with the spu2 reverb (little less artifacts) and well balanced.

The configuration I use is

Catmull-ROM - Surround 5.1 - and the X-Fi driver all in the flat position and without generic EAX (yet I use around 65% crystalizer).

There was an obvious loss when tried in stereo (even with CMSS 3D set) but still sounded much better than the last time I tried it.

I know sound is a very subjective parameter, to me it shall not introduce effects not present in the original (unless I actively force it) or else these effects must not be dominant. Besides, what sounds good in certain loudpeaker/room configuration may sound either flat or too much colored in another.

Imagination is where we are truly real
That's the problem, I don't perceive any reverb at all with either Reverb mode in the plugin. Then again, it's still making progress. Games like Grandia 3, Star Ocean 3, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 all sound perfect to me. Does it matter if I use Time Stretching or SPU ASync?
Custom Desktop
(06-16-2011, 07:36 PM)rama Wrote: - Spyro the Dragon
I'd like to note it's these 2 Spyro games:
"Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning"
"Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night"

"Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon" remains unchanged.
Ivy Bridge 3770K @ 3.9GHz - MSI TwinFrozr GTX680 4GB...
...Nerpyderp.
thanks", somehow it has a bit progress",
Hmm i found that this new plugin can boost speed, Not so much but i'm satisfied with the performance of shining tears which was at 1st, the intro was a little laggy but now it run much smoothly on my laptop. Thanks and may pcsx2 keep improving.
i'm sorry for my bad english.

Model: Acer Aspire 4736G
CPU: Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T6600 @ 2.2GHz
GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce® G 105M • 512MB DDR2 VRAM
RAM: 4GB DDR3
HDD: 500GB WDC