SPU2-X 2.0!
Not even 2 weeks ago we released SPU2-X 1.5, yet today we feel that the plugin has matured enough for another release.
This time the changes are significant enough to do the version jump to 2.0 Smile

SPU2-X always struggled to get the reverberation effects right.
Now after some thorough debugging we've found and fixed the problem we had all this time!
The resulting reverb is still not exactly like the PS2 does it but it comes very close in perceived quality.
We'll be working on those final bits in the time to come, hopefully achieving a fully correct emulation one day.

Note: The custom reverb option has been removed as it no longer serves a purpose.

Emulation improvements:
  • Next address reporting on voices improved based on tests.
  • Pitch modulation possibly fixed.
  • Status register updated in a way the spu2 library's reset function seems to want.
  • Effects area updating changed to allow writing the EEA register while effects area writing is enabled.
  • Switched two SPDIF modes which were reversed.
  • Reverb register bug dating back to the first version of SPU2-X fixed.

Among the fixed games are titles such as:
  • God of War
  • God of War 2
  • Tales of Destiny
  • Magic Pengel
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
  • Devil May Cry (PAL)
  • Gradius 3+4
  • Everything that uses digital effects

Download here.

Sponsored links

Grats and thanksSmile. FFXII calling for sound tests.;O

Damn I was lazy to update couse savestate version changed, but now I see, or rather hear that it was more than worth. One more thanks - FFXII finally has that "Nobuo touch" or at least feels much deeper somehow.^_^
GOW 1 & 2 are fixed !!!!
did they have a bug in the first place Huh

anyway thanks team keep on the coding rush Laugh
Yes, GoW 1/2 had a bug with music cutting and looping when they shouldn't.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
FFX sounds much better! Keep up the good work!
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio
awesome!
Thank You so much for the another excellent release of SPU-X!!! Now, I can play Tales of Destiny without that looping sound when I use ZeroSPUBiggrin. I have a question, can this version of spu-x can play the FMVs of this game properly??Blink
You'll have to see about the FMV but I can tell you that the ingame music will sound TONS better due to proper reverb.
The music composer (Sakuraba Motoi) abuses reverb effects in all his titles, thus it better be supported Wink
Nah I checked it this morning the movies are still hit and miss how long they play. If I remember right someone way back when said it was a timing bug with the IPU that needs a complete rewrite but apparently scares most of the coders cause the present version is a hacky mess..
(06-30-2011, 05:49 PM)rama Wrote: You'll have to see about the FMV but I can tell you that the ingame music will sound TONS better due to proper reverb.
The music composer (Sakuraba Motoi) abuses reverb effects in all his titles, thus it better be supported Wink

yeah, I observed that reverb in the BGMs and the SFX's, But that reverb mades my gameplay kinda slow.... so I disabled it for more performanceTongueTongue