SPU2-X v2
Quote:No, I again would appreciate it at least if you insulted me properly. I find it insulting that people don't even make a effort to insult me, its otherwise such a waste of words.

If the PCSX2 people want people to have complete and utter free rein, so be it. But they need to be aware of the consequences.

Thank you.

Don't worry, nothing tragic will happen to Pcsx2. Pcsx2 have very dedicated coders and dedicated users Laugh

Sponsored links

Thats good.
I don't know how to make PGOs either. I never got it to work. I have Rama make them for me.

Also, we carry a simple policy here at Pcsx2 (or well, I do!) -- I provide information I have time and interest in providing. I answer questions when I have time and interest to answer them. I happily ignore everything else. We have no obligation to any of our users, nor do our users have any obligation to us. We do our best to provide a service, and we try to have fun while doing it.

I have no issue with people asking questions once or twice, even if they are stupid questions I have no interest in spending time to answer.

HOWEVER.

I DO have an issue when my stickied topic gets littered with personal attacks and presumptuous conjecture. If you think you're better than everyone else, then I suggest you go somewhere where you are, because I won't put up with that kind of stuff here. My users have to put up with enough of my broken code and bugs as it is already. They don't need a Mudlord telling them they're worthless husks of flesh that have no right using SVN, nor even the ability insult a mudlord to the level he feels his superior intellectual status deserves.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
^

As for the PGO's; the last time I played around with that myself was about a month ago.

The way "I" did it was select pcsx2, PGO->Instrument which builds a special version of the exe that saves diagnostic info on whatever it does while the exe is active. So I would do that and say run pcsx2 with a couple of different games "don't know if it was necessary to do so btw.. 1 may have sufficed." in order to let the logger get a good idea of what functions etc.. was being called.

After which I would go back into VS and hit PGO->Update then PGO->Optimize.
On my OLD amd x2 6000 I would see 2-5+ fps just with a PGO of the pcsx2 exe vs standard sse2 build. Doing the same with GSDX/SPU2 would net a little more as well.

Havn't done it myself lately though since switching to the i7 OC'd to 4ghz. Mainly being... it's really unecessary. I don't go over 30% CPU usage 99% of the time; FPS is almost always capped.

Glad to see Rama is providing them for people though Wink
Quote:If you think you're better than everyone else, then I suggest you go somewhere where you are

Okay. Nice knowing you too, and thanks for your help. I'll do things on my own, thanks. Glare
With bugs or not I already love SPU2-X. Thanks for this plugin Jake Laugh You rock.
Hi, i'm new to PCSX2 and i have a problem with SPU2-X. i tried using v.1.1 and v.1.0 but i can't get it to work. everytime i try to load a game, PCSX2 just freezes (Console: "Opening GS plugin..." and nothing more). if i use another sound plugin, PCSX2 doesn't freeze. but i read this thread and everyone seems to love this plugin, so i really want to use it.

the attachment contains my configuration for SPU2-X. i would appreciate every help. Thanks.

EDIT: i narrowed the problem down. i seem to only have the problem when i use XAudio 2. when i use DirectSound, i can play. which one is actually better? XAudio 2 or DirectSound?

New_Escaflowne

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

On windows XP, XA2 isn't really much better. A wee little bit better, but not much. All it does is lower latency a bit more (which is nice but far from necessary), and also is quite buggy still on XP. If DSound works, use it. That's why it's there, so that the plugin still works even if XA2 is broken.

Also, you can configure the dsound driver. I forget if it defaults to 3 or 5 buffers -- if it's set to 5, you can try setting down to three. It should be fine, and that'll give you pretty close to the same latency as the XA2 driver. Smile
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
ok, thanks for the help. ^^
i'll use DirectSound then.

New_Escaflowne
Rainbow 
Where did my post go? Glare

Well anyway, great plugin! Keep up the good work!