SS3 3.01 question
Hey Guys I have A quick Question.

Im Running a AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 2.7GHz and a Geforce 8400 GS with 1GB DDR2 RAM On Windows XP SP3. Im trying to configure the graphics to use SS3(thinking it will make my gameplay a little better) but when i start my game it says my cpu doesnt support SS3 3.01. I go to the cpu config and it says my cpu DOES support SS3 because its listed under the list of "features". Any ideas?

Also im trying to play Final Fantasy X if anyone would be kind enough to suggest configurations to get the best gameplay out of my machine.
Thank you very much. Responses will be greatly Appreciated.

Sponsored links

Well, the problem is, that your processor DOES support SSE3. But the PCSX2 program uses SSSE3 instructions, which is not available on the AMD line of processors. They are only available on the Intel Core 2 Duo's and above. You can probably OC your CPU a bit, and use SSE2 instructions given you have good enough cooling for the faster clock speeds. (not the stock fan.)

Also, you might want to upgrade the GPU, as it is a little weak for PCSX2. (and most pc games.) You might want to tick native on the D3D resolution settings, and take off "Allow 8-bit Textures" feature.

You can also try experimenting with some speed hacks that can be described in further detailed in the PCSX2 configuration guide. Unfortunately, there is only so much you can do on your current machine besides OC'ing the CPU and speed hacks.
Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Retina 15' | Intel Core i7-4850HQ @ 2.3-3.5Ghz | Optimus Powered nVidia Geforce GT 750M (2GB GDDR5) + Intel Iris Pro Graphics | 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RAM | Intel HD Audio | Apple Magic Trackpad | Samsung 512GB PCI-E Based SSD |