SSE 4.01 failure
I just double click the Direct Console icon in the system tray in the bottom right corner and set the Performance to Turbo Extreme. It takes the processor up to 2.53GHZ.

It's good enough for things like FFX, but some of the more demanding games will probably be slow. I haven't figured out how to get into the BIOS to do some more serious overclocking, but I also haven't messed with PCSX2 on this laptop a lot as my desktop (specs in sig) handle everything I need for emulation.

The laptop will get pretty warm (fairly uncomfortable on your leg) when it's going full blast for emulating or gaming, but it's nowhere near hot enough to damage anything, this laptop has pretty good cooling. If you're really concerned about heat, get one of the little laptop cooler plates that have extra fans blowing onto the underside of your laptop. It'll also keep your junk scald free Tongue
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.

Sponsored links

Yeah i already planned ahead. I got a belkin cooling pad. So, it's supposed to allow for a comfortable fit on my junk, at room temperature, while keeping my computers fever down. Everyone wins. So, i think that i will be alright in that aspect. Actually, i think the most demanding game i want to play is KH2. God of war are the only other ones, but I think I'm gonna get the 720p god of war pack for christmas, the one that has the GOW3 Demo. Love those games. Never bought them, just borrowed um, so having my own copies seem right. Thanks for the help too.
Also, about the bios overclocking. On more than 90% of laptops they don't allow for overclocking because they are not meant to be overclocked, they are considered mobile and not thought to be powerhouses like some desktops, thats why i was hoping they had something like the turbo setup. But I think there are some programs that override that bios wall. I wouldn't suggest it considering 2.53ghz on a laptop seems like a lot especially because normally its supposed to be 2.13ghz. Max i would go would be 2.8ghz. But if you do find the program... Good luck!
Hey guys, i'm back. You know you missed me. I missed you guys. I'm at school and decided to work on the new computer and it looks and runs beautifully. Now for the sad part. I can't get the system to run PCSX2 at all. I followed the guide exactly. I'm coming up with an error that says "Failed loading MemoryCard from file: memecards/Mcd001.ps2" and "Failed loading MemoryCard from file: memecards/Mcd002.ps2", Than, and error saying "Error Opening CDVD Plugin". On my other pc, when i ran execute, i at least came up with the ps2 loading screen. Nothing now. Used Direct3D9(shader 2.0 and 3.0) and direct3D10(2.0). so, when you guys get a chance, Help please!
Graphics: GSdx 890 sse41 0.1.14 also tried, sse2
Sound: SPU2-x 1.1.0
First controller: lilypad 0.9.9(for the moment)
Cdvdrom: Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0
DEV9: DEV9Null driver 0.3.0
USB: USBnull Driver 0.5.0
Firewire: FWnull Driver 0.4.0
And i have a bios.

New system specs:
Asus G50VT-X5
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
Intel Core 2 Duo P7450 2.13 GHz processor [2.53ghz]
Intel Centrino 2 mobile technology platform
4 GB DDR2 SDRAM
Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GS w/512 MB GDDR3 VRAM
Run as admin (right click) and make sure you configured the cdvd plugin right.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Wow, you wow, I tip my hat to you. I have to download directX, which i can't do til late tonight because my schools wi-fi won't freaking work. So far, it looks promising. If this doesn't do it, than i'll let you know tonight. Thank you
Are you using the actual DVD disk or are you using an ISO image? If it's the former, check that you have the right drive configured for the CDVD plugin. If it's the latter, use the Linuz ISO plugin.

If you don't want to have to right click and run as admin everytime, just right click on the PCSX2 icon > Properties > Compatibility tab > Tick 'Run this program as administrator' > Apply.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
Well i think i need to download directx [DELETED] Which is better an image or a disk?
Wait, you already have an .iso file, but you don't have the disc itself? And by that, do you mean you downloaded said .iso file?

From the Global Forum Rules:
Quote:Warez talk is prohibited and frowned upon, to prevent legal issues. You may not post links or refer to any kind of BIOS, ROM, ISO, Game that has been illegally obtained or shared.
If any post like that is found, the thread containing it will be closed and further support will be revoked.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
I own a ps2 and both kh1 and 2 games. I left that back at home with my siblings. I did that when i got my ps3, which ha... doesn't play ps2 games. So, i own it all just in another place. So, no, i have no downloaded iso files, I have a disk that i am going to get from home. Until than i am using my roomates ps2 games. That was out of the blue. If you refer to my comment above i just asked which was better. I sir am astonished at this accusation(smiley face)[i don't know where to find them]