SSSE3, DX10, and noticeable difference?
Well..I've been screwed (in the figurative sense of the word). I have AMD...SSSE3 and 4, and possibly 5 here in God knows how long, isn't supported on it.

So...since I can't set the games to run on DX10, and I can't take advantage of whatever SSSE3-4 has to offer, will I notice a difference in gameplay?

Also, any chance of a DX10 compatible version arriving that doesn't involve SSSE3-4?

Please.

EDIT: So I switched to ZeroGS and now I'm able to get 60FPS on KH2 with 10 guys on the screen, but something bugs me. There's...bloom...everywhere. I mean it's like that VGCats comic where they made fun of HD gaming by overloading the area with bloom lighting effects.

Is this just the catch that ZeroGS has, or is there something I can do about it? I mean, as far as I'm concerned, it's a damned near perfect emulation, save for the ridiculously large amount of bloom effects.

...please.

Sponsored links

For question about cpu features, those already had in this forum, search that answer in the threads. For directx.10 feature if your gpu support that, you can get more fps in many games, try to play dawn of mana, tekken5, soulcalibur II, xenosaga eps.3 in vista and xp you will see those games gets more advantage rather than xp in OS vista, at least for me, i have ATI HD.3870.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
you can only use the SSE2 version of gsdx since you say you have an AMD only, and we won't be able to help you if with dx10 you don't say what gpu you have. Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
AMD cpu's do not have SSSE3 they have sse3 same as core duo cpu's (not core2duo).
for directX 10 you need to have Vista or windows 7 installed with a graphics card which supports dx10 i.e., ps4
(04-05-2009, 06:25 AM)redlof Wrote: for directX 10 you need to have Vista or windows 7 installed with a graphics card which supports dx10 i.e., ps4
and the dx10 option doesn't even show up in xp. Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja