SSSE3 and SSE4.1 Not Detected (But supported by CPU)
Hi there,

I'm having an issue where PCSX2 doesn't detect "SSSE3" (it does detect SSE3 though...) and SSE4.1, but my processor supports it. I have attached a screenshot, my operating system is Windows 7 RC1 (Build 7057) if that matters at all. Any idea if there's a way to fix this?

Thanks,
Somestranger26

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

No. Your CPU doesn't support these.

SSE3 is NOT SSSE3 (Notice the 3 S) and SSE4.1 is not SSE4A.

1000 Dollar is a different value than 100 Dollar, am I right?
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |
SSSE3 is not SSE3
SSE4A is not SSE4.1

They are completely different instruction sets.

*edit* Damn, beat me to it.
I'm so slow.
It's not an "issue," per se; it just means that you're stuck using the SSE2 version of GSdx, that's all.
For my specs, see my profile.

My YouTube channel
My dear, AMD does not have SSSE3 it has SSE3
and it also does not have SSE4.1 it has SSE4A

I also have an AMD cpu Sad
Phenom has different instruction sets then intel. So SSE3 and SSE4A are not SSSE3 and SSE4.1. They are not even the same annotations.
I did notice the third S and thought it was strange... never heard of SSSE. Guess I'm stuck with the SSE2 version of GSdx then :/.
I can see that ur CPU is AMD...
SSSE3 and SSE4.1 is supported by Intel CPU only..
Which mean we can only use sse2
CPU: AMD FX™-4100 3.6Ghz
Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M LX
RAM: Mushkin 4GB DDR3
GPU: AMD RADEON HD6670
Nice how everyone managed to post the same answer again and again. Even when he stated that he had understand it.
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |