SSX 3 PAL
Hey guys, I need some help.

I'm currently at my parents for a week and found out the PS2 controllers are all dead...really wanted to play some SSX 3. Long story short, the fastest PC in the house has the following specs:
  • Core i3 @ 2.93
  • GeForce GT220 1GB
  • 2GB DDR3

However, I'm at my wit's end trying to emulate it. I'm using the most recent build (r4746) with those plugins. I also downloaded beta plugins from August 2010. I get 50-60 FPS easy during the EA and THX logos. The intro vid is quite choppy. Main menu is a bliss and then in-game it slows down to 25 FPS average. Thanks in advance!

Sponsored links

Tried any Speedhacks?
(06-16-2011, 08:57 AM)Rezard Wrote: Tried any Speedhacks?

Yeah. Doesn't seem to help. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong.
If you're unsure, try the Preset option on the bottom.
Make sure you're using the SSE4.1 GSdx plugin.
Make sure you're using Direct3D10.
Also, you may want to lower your resolution (i.e. to native).

Consider seeing if the game runs any faster with software rendering (toggle with F9 during gameplay).

Are you playing directly from the disc, or with an ISO?
(06-16-2011, 09:32 AM)Rezard Wrote: If you're unsure, try the Preset option on the bottom.
Make sure you're using the SSE4.1 GSdx plugin.
Make sure you're using Direct3D10.
Also, you may want to lower your resolution (i.e. to native).

Consider seeing if the game runs any faster with software rendering (toggle with F9 during gameplay).

Are you playing directly from the disc, or with an ISO?

I've used all the presets til Aggresive Plus with the other suggestions you mentioned. The intro vid works fine now, but in-game, it starts at 60 slows down to 30 FPS average and when there's lots of detail to 24.

Oh, and I'm using freestyle mode, as there are no other racers to render.
I tried running the game from the disc and made an ISO (which I thought could help).
Damn, I use a Quad-Core @ 3.06Ghz with an AMD Radeon HD5770 with 4GB of RAM. I get perfect frames almost always. Constant 50fps during load and menu sequences. When I start gameplay, it drops to 30 then back to 50fps.

I THOUGHT QUAD-CORES SLOWED THIS EMULATOR DOWN!!??!??

I'll upload some pictures so you can see some settings. Maybe your graphics card isn't powerful enough?
Who said quad cores slow down the emulator...? You probably read that PCSX2 does not use more than 2 cores, meaning you get almost no added benefit of running it on a CPU with more than 2 cores (although you actually get since you can make windows etc take up the spare 2+ cores and dedicated PCSX2 to the other 2).
Some games need almost 4 Ghz (or more) to achieve full speed either to emulator bugs or emulation limitations, so it is very possible your PC indeed is not powerful enough.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Got same problem here! When I get to the actual game world i get 20-30 fps maximum...
My PC specs are:
*Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80GHz (4 CPUs), - 2.8GHz
*ATI Radeon HD 5450
also tried speehacks nothing improved
I guess this game is very cpu demanding because i get much better speeds in this game on my pc.
windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
i5 3570k OC'ed 4.2ghz
8gb ram
Geforce GTX 770