SSX Tricky slows down - tried all settings combinations...
It's driving me insane.

I had a FX 8320 with 12GB RAM and an GTX 1060 6GB hooked to a 4k TV. The game would struggle to reach 60 FPS in 2 player mode (split screen...).

I had some (still old, but better) HW laying around, so I upgraded.

Now I am running a i7 4960X (6 core, HT disabled, so 6 threads 3.7GHz) 32GB DDR3 RAM 1800MHz, same GPU, SSD, 4k TV, etc. as before.

The game runs far better, BUT: Specifically, on the "Aloha" circuit in 2 player mode, FPS drops to 40 (and the game slows down noticeably). I have put Windows Power Plan to High Performance and given PCSX2 process High priority - no joy. 

I am using the Open GL renderer and the level 3 auto presets (and x3 resolution). But I have tried tinkering with every setting (e.g. Vulkan/D3D are worse; EE speed hacks make it worse as well...).

Any suggestions as to what settings I should try will be highly appreciated.

Thank you!
P

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go