SSX3 Widescreen problem
have you verified the actual play? some menus and cutscenes may show "wrong"
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

(03-20-2011, 01:17 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: have you verified the actual play? some menus and cutscenes may show "wrong"

Yep. The game plays exactly like it looks in the menu Sad
Checked a gamefaqs question on this game and it says the 16:9 option is meant to add black bars on a 4:3 screen, but if you have an actual widescreen what you should choose is the "anamorphic" option (there should be 3 options, Widescreen: off/16:9/anamorphic).

So what you should do is set PCSX2's aspect ratio to 16:9 and then enable the anamorphic option in the game, should work fine then, if there's no such option in your game then I suggest you check the game manual, sometimes different versions of the game don't have the same screen options Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(03-21-2011, 01:12 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Checked a gamefaqs question on this game and it says the 16:9 option is meant to add black bars on a 4:3 screen, but if you have an actual widescreen what you should choose is the "anamorphic" option (there should be 3 options, Widescreen: off/16:9/anamorphic).

So what you should do is set PCSX2's aspect ratio to 16:9 and then enable the anamorphic option in the game, should work fine then, if there's no such option in your game then I suggest you check the game manual, sometimes different versions of the game don't have the same screen options Tongue2

You are awesome. The 16:9 with anamorphic enabled works perfectly.

Here are 2 full screen screenshots of the 4:3 option and then the 16:9 with anamorphic enabled. If you compare the 2 you will see the character stays exactly the same size and the field of view just gets wider which is exactly what I wanted.

Strangely enough though, the actual HUD in effect, is stretched out instead of staying the same size which looks a bit strange. This can be seen quite clearly if you compare the '00:00:00' at the top of both screenshots. That doesn't matter though, I got the widescreen setup I wanted.

[Image: 88659897.th.jpg]
[Image: 169ig.th.jpg]

Thanks to everyone who gave their input and a big thanks to Shadow Lady for coming up with the solution! Biggrin