SUIKODEN V ~low fps~
I just own Suikoden V few days ago, then i try it on pcsx2.
is it normal to get 13-15 fps during conversation in game? while i get fullspeed cutscenes and intro FMV (55-60 fps).
I wonder if i use wrong config, it's really weird that i can get fullspeed 3D, but slow motion on 2D ingame.

My specs :
Intel C2D E7300 2.66Ghz
RAM 2GB DDR2 800
GPU ATI HD 4870

PCSX2 Playground 1.0.0395 (original)

Plugin used :
GSDX 0.1.14 [SSE4]
ZeroSPU 0.4.6
LilyPad
Linuz iso 0.8.0

MTGS on
Advance -> use default settings (already try to change EE/VUrec chop/zero,FZ,DZ. but get the same result)
Speedhack (try it all, stable & speed + x3)

Sponsored links

Yes .. Suikoden games are really demanding. Though you should get a few more fps..
Fighting for peace is like ***** for virginity ...

Failure is not an option | It is bundled with your Microsoft product
I think that something wrong about you plugins or your hardware?q. I had tryed this game with my AMD X2 @3.1 ghz, ati hd3870 i have between 25fps to 40fps with normal or set to limit in config cpu. So i play that game with vu skip to get better fps. That with official pp, with speed hack x3. ee rec. Option default, vu recs chop/zero and all check on with flush to zero and denormals are zero. Plugins gsdx.0.10. ss2.
I think that something wrong about you plugins or your hardware?q. I had tryed this game with my AMD X2 @3.1 ghz, ati hd3870 i have between 25fps to 40fps with normal or set to limit in config cpu. So i play that game with vu skip to get better fps. That with official pp, with speed hack x3. ee rec. Option default, vu recs chop/zero and all check on with flush to zero and denormals are zero. Plugins gsdx.0.1.10. ss2.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
well, i'll try with latest beta version. hope it'll increase the performance..
just now, i try changing graphic plugin with ZeroGS 0.9.7.. it seems no difference at all..
damn, i really want to play this game...
Try to complete uninstall driver ATI first with delete registry than reinstall driver. Perhaps that can help you.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(02-01-2009, 06:36 AM)Register Wrote: Try to complete uninstall driver ATI first with delete registry than reinstall driver. Perhaps that can help you.

hmm, what's that supposed for? i think my GPU works fine...
also, i already play some other games on pcsx2 and got no problem with it.
well maybe i'll try that if I have some spare time.. i have some work to do right now xD
thx for replying.
First of all: This game ran rather slow for me too. It was nearly unplayable.

Even when the devs said that this emu can't use more than 2 cores - I have to disagree. Comparison between the same specs otherwise:
AMD X2 [email protected]: vids full speed, ingame scenes: 35fps, "bad" scenes: 15fps
AMD X4 [email protected]: Vids full speed, ingame: 40-50, "bad" scenes: 25-30fps
(all settings to max speed, all tweaks/speed hacks enabled)
(Okay, out of the list: My recent X4 [email protected]: vids, ingame full speed, bad scenes:45+fps with all settings to default (speed hack to 1.5x)
This got better and better with the more recent playground builds, too. So maybe you want to check out the latest 0.9.6 - except for a FMV-Bug that is filed here, the game should run well.
Btw: DX10-Mode might help a lot too. At least it did for me, I think...

Regards, Bigfoot29
hmm ? that's a little slow for your setting. I got a E7200 with nvidia 9800gt, in most ingame, vid I got ~45fps, except for some bad scenes the game slow down to ~15fps.

Now I have OCed my cpu to 3.7ghz, most of the time I got overspeed ~70-80fps. The bad scenes still slow ~18fps.

But you should take note of the speed hacks & advance setting in config. Speed hack set to 1.5x to 3x depends on scenes; you should also check all Flush to Zero & Denormal are Zero too.