SVN Builds wont even launch
I know this particular error has been reported here like a million times, but rest assured..i read all of those threads and nothing is working..

when ever i try to run any SVN build , i get "program stopped working" error with the "MSVCR100.DLL" being the "faulty module"

so i went a head and searched up and down, almost tried everything..

i used the tool posted here that removes ALL versions of c++ completely and installs the newest ones, tried installing them seperately and tried removing everything completely before re-installing..nothing worked

strangely enough, the 1.0.0 build r5350 works just fine, the more recent ones (57xx and 58xx, and even 55xx..the ones i have tried) all give the same result..

i am running a windows 7 x64 machine, i really need some help guys..
thanks in advance..

Sponsored links

Did you install both 32 bit and 64 bit VC redist?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
yup, and thats for 2005/2008/2010/2012 and 2013
The SVN build uses the Program Files directory as the default path for the bios, inis, etc., instead of your local settings stored in My Documents (which is where the public release version has them stored). So if you didn't change your default paths back to your local path, it's currently just looking at a bunch of empty folders in Program Files and trying to start everything fresh.
(01-20-2014, 09:14 AM)Aerasol Wrote: The SVN build uses the Program Files directory as the default path for the bios, inis, etc., instead of your local settings stored in My Documents (which is where the public release version has them stored). So if you didn't change your default paths back to your local path, it's currently just looking at a bunch of empty folders in Program Files and trying to start everything fresh.

I think you mean the root PCSX2 install folder, which I seriously hope is not under the Program Files.

Other than this the answer might be partially correct although the message points to a MS missing files on the VC runtime the OP correctly saw.

There's been a number of reports about the recent builds, might have been introduced some instability somewhere.

PS: the advice is to run a complete search for that dls under the C: folder (subfolders included).
Imagination is where we are truly real
A. It's not in program files, the folder is in a subfolder in another partition all together..
B. i am not sure i am following here...
if the SVN build is looking at it's own folder for inis, this should actually be solving the problem not aggravating it since it will start them fresh without residual data from previous build (wish, i guess, maybe problematic)!

i get it that you guys want me to run a full search for the "MSVCR100.dll" file in the C: partition ? what would i gain from that exactly (not questioning, just curious) .. and what should i do as the next step when i locate those?

PS. here's a full log of the Error encountered:

============
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: pcsx2-r5782.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 52da9594
Fault Module Name: MSVCR100.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.0.40219.455
Fault Module Timestamp: 5253f15e
Exception Offset: 0008b096
Exception Code: c0000417
Exception Data: 00000000
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 3073
Additional Information 1: b225
Additional Information 2: b225312d55dc2df69b6efaacb242c2b8
Additional Information 3: 0acf
Additional Information 4: 0acf6efcfa7926a26aa125ac40174496

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=1...cid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
===============
I think he just wants you to verify the file is there. Open an admin level cmd.exe and run

Code:
dir/s MSVCR100.DLL

Though I'm not sure how it will help. Since it's the faulting module it HAS to exist.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
locate those files, if you are on 64bit windows you want the one in c:\windows\SysWoW64 and put them in your PCSX2 directory. If you don't have it in there, you need to install the 32bit version of the VS2010 redistributable
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

What refraction said is good, but make sure to COPY the file and not move it!
first of all..thanks a million for the replies, guys..
second of all, i ran that command in an elevated CMD, copied the file (which was there, since i have VC 2010 x68 and x64 along with all the others installed).. but i still ran into the same exact issue..

any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated Smile