SVN Rev 2266 don´t Compile for me
I can´t compile pcsx2:

-------------- Build: Debug in x86emitter ---------------

Compiling: ../../src/x86emitter/3dnow.cpp
In file included from /db/dev/pcsx2/common/src/x86emitter/PrecompiledHeader.h:7,
from /db/dev/pcsx2/common/src/x86emitter/3dnow.cpp:16:
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:827: error: 'wxChar& wxString::operator[](unsigned int)' cannot be overloaded
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:824: error: with 'wxChar& wxString::operator[](size_t)'
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 2 seconds)
2 errors, 0 warnings

Sponsored links

Nothing in PCSX2 has changed which could cause that error. The error is on your side, and it seems most likely that your wxWidgets is mis-configured for some reason, such that wxSIZE_T_IS_UINT is not being properly defined or undef'd.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Or they are trying to compile in a 64 bit version of Linux outside of a chroot. That never did get fixed, and last I remember the errors it gave looked similar to that, though I'd have to try it again to be sure.

Edit: Verified. That is the error you get if you try to compile it in a 64-bit environment currently.
Jepp i´m on 64 bit with installed 32 bit libs.

But where is the old build system that set -m32 for compiling on 64 bit system Sad
Well, the old build system went away when we transitioned to codeblocks. The new one *is* set up to use -m32, but it's still failing regardless. I haven't quite figured out why yet, though it's obviously related to when it's interacting with the wxwidget headers. Until I either figure out how to get it compiling in codeblocks under 64-bits, or we get the cmake based build system we'd been talking about written and working under 64-bits, though, pcsx2 will need to either be compiled in a 64 bit operating system, or in a 32 bit chroot.

I'm personally doing the latter, btw, and have been doing so for so long that I'm fairly used to it...
(11-29-2009, 04:50 AM)arcum42 Wrote: Well, the old build system went away when we transitioned to codeblocks. The new one *is* set up to use -m32, but it's still failing regardless. I haven't quite figured out why yet, though it's obviously related to when it's interacting with the wxwidget headers. Until I either figure out how to get it compiling in codeblocks under 64-bits, or we get the cmake based build system we'd been talking about written and working under 64-bits, though, pcsx2 will need to either be compiled in a 64 bit operating system, or in a 32 bit chroot.

I'm personally doing the latter, btw, and have been doing so for so long that I'm fairly used to it...

I'm in the same problem as well. How can I do a 32 bit chroot? (if this is the solution)

Thank you in advance.