SVN questions?
Are the latest SVN recommended over the latest stable pcsx2 version?

If one downloads the latest SVN, is there anything we need transfer from the old stable pcsx2 version to the new SVN version?
Windows 8 64
Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM (3.4 GHz/2.4 GHz )
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M switchable (2 GB GDDR5)
8 GB DDR3

Sponsored links

The stable version is recommended for casual users who don't know what they are doing.

If you decide to use subversion build, move the memory cards, BIOS, and cheats over.
... and the inis folder, so you don't have to reconfigure everything (LilyPad in particular).

... and of course, the cheats folder, if you have any cheats or widescreen-patches.
(01-23-2013, 06:21 AM)Livy Wrote: The stable version is recommended for casual users who don't know what they are doing.

If you decide to use subversion build, move the memory cards, BIOS, and cheats over.

Thanks for the reply. I also heard to move the inis, is that correct or necessary?

Besides that, is the SVN versions are like a beta versions? and what makes SVN different or more aimed to non casual players?
Windows 8 64
8 GB DDR3
You can move the inis folder if you are lazy to re-config PCSX2. I always re-config PCSX2 because it takes less than 3 minutes. Sometimes there are new and removed settings in new versions of PCSX2, and the config files format must changed accordingly, so copy-pasting the inis folder isn't a good thing.

Beta version is the one which is somewhat stable after internal testing procedures. SVN is kinda pre-alpha version. No one has tested it before you download it. PCSX2 coders change some of the code, new features might be implement, but any error could happen. Hence it is no suit for casual users. What they need is getting their game run. Happy
(01-23-2013, 07:57 AM)Livy Wrote: You can move the inis folder if you are lazy to re-config PCSX2. I always re-config PCSX2 because it takes less than 3 minutes. Sometimes there are new and removed settings in new versions of PCSX2, and the config files format must changed accordingly, so copy-pasting the inis folder isn't a good thing.

Beta version is the one which is somewhat stable after internal testing procedures. SVN is kinda pre-alpha version. No one has tested it before you download it. PCSX2 coders change some of the code, new features might be implement, but any error could happen. Hence it is no suit for casual users. What they need is getting their game run. Happy

Thanks again. So are SVN versions known commonly to crash?

And how long is it till the next stable version is available? If there isn't an exact date, an estimation based on past releases would be good
Windows 8 64
8 GB DDR3
I use SVN builds for long, and have encountered a crash or two so far. SVN builds tend to break compatibility with some games or introduce new graphics bugs, but it does not happens frequently.

When the developer feels their software is "stable enough", they mark a specific SVN as an official stable release. There is no exact date.
and SVNs sometimes bring even newer fixes with games, where they're running better Smile