Safe Downloads
Hello all. I have never had an emulator on my pc(Windows HP Stream, yeah, pretty average or close to) before and I am still learning the basics, which I would do without bothering anyone too much. However, I do have some concerns with some of the files and or programs I would have to install since my anti virus system(WebRoot SecureAnyWhere V.09) is 90% of the time saying that these programs may harm my computer and that they are malware. How would I know which files are good? I get a bit paranoid over these alerts since I am nowhere close to being a computer genius. I know I could probably look up how to secure a safe working file, but it never hurts to ask. I would appreciate it if I could hear your thoughts about it. Any suggestions are a step closer to finishing my PS2 emulator.

Sponsored links

this : http://pcsx2.net/download/releases/windo...setup.html
is what you need.
feel free to ask about anything else
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-23-2016, 06:56 AM)SInisterTroy97 Wrote: my anti virus system(WebRoot SecureAnyWhere V.09) is 90% of the time saying that these programs may harm my computer and that they are malware.

This is actually worrying. If your AV is triggered 90% of the time you try to install something, then it means either your antivirus program "detects" way more than it should, or your own habits are extremely unsafe (i.e. you actually are trying to install a lot of bad stuff).

While the latter might be true, especially since it seems you're relatively a novice (no shame in that), I'd actually suspect the former.

I'm not familiar with the WebRoot product (doesn't mean it's bad), but still I'd suggest to uninstall it and enable Windows built in antivirus - which is reasonable.

If you still get tons of alerts that you're trying to install bad stuff, then you should really examine your practices and where you get your software from, but, what I suspect will happen is that you'll have way less warnings, because you were actually OK, but your previous antivirus just tried to make itself look important by "saving your ass" so many times.
My guess is maybe it's detecting anything with dynamic code generation(e.g. recompilers and the like). Although I guess that wouldn't happen on install. A quick google suggest it's a halfway decent A/V though not super popular. IDK anything else about it either.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
That was fairly quick. I might suspect you to be an A.I with this info! Thank you so much for your suggestions, I appreciate it!