San Andreas (Framerate)
Hi. I recently got a new PC, not a monster compared to others but my last one didn't even have an AGP slot, so yeah this is a pretty huge upgrade. I was praying it wouldn't explode since for the first time I ordered all the parts from newegg and built it myself. Thankfully it didn't.

Anyway, I'm trying to play San Andreas, I own the game, I have the Trilogy boxset and a PS2. I'd like to play this game in the emulator though, especially because of the ability to save and load instantly. Well that's probably the only reason. Good for stunts and stuff like that.

I'm getting 30 to 60 FPS, but it varies constantly, it's not very playable. I've read all the basic instructions and stuff. Is this all I can expect? I understand how emulation works, so I'm guessing yeah that's about as much as I'm gonna get.

These are my specs:

Windows 7
Dual Core Phenom II X2 550
4 GB ram
ATI 4850 512 RAM

My monitor can go up to 1680 x 1050. But I would be happy if I could play the game with the same res, same everything as in the PS2.

Anything I can do besides the hacks to improve framerate abit?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

post your config,speedhack.......
First thing to try is get the latest beta and latest revision of GSdx, , that'll give you better compatibility, speed and more options.

You should be able to get away with setting the D3D Internal Res in GSdx to 1680 x 1050 or a bit higher, then just maximize the window or set the window size in GSdx. Or set it to full screen =P
The only way apart from speedhacks to increase speed is to change the Clamp Modes in the Advanced menu both to None. Other than that, just use speedhacks because they won't permanently damage anything, and if the game gets glitchy you can just turn them off.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
no offense but since you have a pretty good pc why not get the pc version of san andreas?
(08-06-2009, 11:56 AM)gangstadawg Wrote: no offense but since you have a pretty good pc why not get the pc version of san andreas?

Because when you have money to spend on a game, you'd want to buy a game you don't already own.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
(08-06-2009, 11:56 AM)gangstadawg Wrote: no offense but since you have a pretty good pc why not get the pc version of san andreas?

He already explained here, next time read carefully:

Quote:I'd like to play this game in the emulator though, especially because of the ability to save and load instantly. Well that's probably the only reason. Good for stunts and stuff like that.

Now about speed,setting clamp to none will cause glitches in this game ( I hear it even needs extra/full clamp to prevent other errors too)
This is one of the slow games for PCSX2, so I'm afraid you won't get good speeds...the FPS you're getting are probably the best you can get but you should follow the advice and update to the latest beta for PCSX2 and GSdx
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Ok. I see. I downloaded the Beta, I'll try it in a bit. Thanks for all the help.
One of my friends have a very similar system, I belive it was the very same cpu, and a similar ati graphics card. I was very surprised to see that pcsx2 ran very badly on his machine, when I tried it.
Weird, becuase it's basically a great and powerful system. Particulary more powerful than my machine (wich is intel + nvidia solution) and still pcsx2 preforms a thousand times better on my pc.
(08-06-2009, 10:38 PM)Innuendo Wrote: One of my friends have a very similar system, I belive it was the very same cpu, and a similar ati graphics card. I was very surprised to see that pcsx2 ran very badly on his machine, when I tried it.
Weird, becuase it's basically a great and powerful system. Particulary more powerful than my machine (wich is intel + nvidia solution) and still pcsx2 preforms a thousand times better on my pc.

pcsx2 is known to work better with nVidia cards. Also your friend could have had a different configuration or had been playing a different game.