San Andreas ghosting (PREFERABLY WITHOUT AUTOFLUSH)
Repost since mod closed thread without letting me respond.
I'm on PCSX2 1.6, the most recent version of the Windows stable release as of writing.
I have found a thread from 8 years ago that is describing basically the same issue that I had then and now.
What exactly is the consensus on this problem? What is the "guaranteed" fix for the ghosting effect? GTA San Andreas is a pretty popular game and
yet 8 years later the emulator still has the problem. Before I play whack-a-mole with a bunch hacks I want to be sure that I do as minimal damage to the graphical effects as possible to fix the issue. I don't want to have to look up videos from several years ago.
What is the most recent and effective "hack" or "fix" for this issue?

I do not want to use autoflush since that will also ruin other effects. I would rather not use a nuclear option to deal with this.
Yet apparently that's the only solution presented in the wiki?
Why?
wiki.pcsx2(DOT)net/Grand_Theft_Auto:_San_Andreas

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Software mode will fix the issue too
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
you've got 2 options

Auto Flush, which is the solution (it's not a hack, despite where we put it), this is a requirement because of how the effect works.
or
Use skipdraw 1, 1 I believe, this will remove the ghosting but also the nice radiosity effect.

That said you could also use software mode like Jes said, as long as the software Auto Flush option is enabled.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-24-2021, 11:12 AM)refraction Wrote: you've got 2 options

Auto Flush, which is the solution (it's not a hack, despite where we put it), this is a requirement because of how the effect works.
or
Use skipdraw 1, 1 I believe, this will remove the ghosting but also the nice radiosity effect.

That said you could also use software mode like Jes said, as long as the software Auto Flush option is enabled.

hey, I made this account just to ask cause I'm really stupid and I've been searching for 20 minutes and can't figure it out... where's this option in the qt gui? seriously I can't find it ;-;
Enable manual hardware rendering fixes under game properties in QT to see the extra settings.
(05-03-2023, 08:02 PM)MrWizard Wrote: Enable manual hardware rendering fixes under game properties in QT to see the extra settings.

I love you wizard person <3
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go