Save/Load States
Hello!

New here. I have been trying to set up some automation for my save/load states and have a couple of questions.

1. Are the 10 slots for save/load states per game or 10 total?
2. What is the keyboard command to save directly to slot 1?
3. What is the keyboard command to load directly from slot 1?

I know Shift+F2 switches between slots but I am looking for direct keys.

Thank you Smile

Sponsored links

1. 10 slots per game.
2/3. There is no direct command to load directly from a specific slot. By default slot 1 is selected. Pressing F2 switches to slot 2 for save/load and so on.
So far there are no commands for interacting with specific slots directly as well as knowing which slot is selected.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
(12-16-2016, 12:57 AM)lightningterror Wrote: 1. 10 slots per game.
2/3. There is no direct command to load directly from a specific slot. By default slot 1 is selected. Pressing F2 switches to slot 2 for save/load and so on.
So far there are no commands for interacting with specific slots directly as well as knowing which slot is selected.

Thank you very much for your fast response! So the last slot that was selected remains that slot after changing games?

For instance, Game X save slot 2 was last used. I now switch to game Y. When I load my save state for game Y is slot 2 still selected because it was last used on game X, or does it go back to slot 1 which was the last slot used for game Y?

I hope that makes sense.
The only time it goes back to 1 is when the emulator is closed. Switching games won't reset which slot is used.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
So slot 1 is the default even though 0 is at the top of the save/load lists?
You have 10 slots. Yes it's labeled 0 through 9, but the 1st one is (for obvious reasons) referred to as the 1st save slot. Really doesn't make a difference. Most emulators use this type of save state method
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
I know that most use this method but I cannot agree that is it obvious that slot 0 is considered the first slot.
(12-16-2016, 04:58 AM)mccorkled Wrote: I know that most use this method but I cannot agree that is it obvious that slot 0 is considered the first slot.

Really?

If I gave you this out of order list of numbers:

and asked you to order it numerically, what would you do? Would you not do?

Otherwise where would 0 go if not before 1?

BTW you can see in the titlebar(and soon the OSD) which slot you are saving/loading from.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I wasn't asking how to put numbers in order. I was asking which save slot was considered #1. Slot 0 is on top, but it is called the "1st" save slot/default? How is that not confusing. Don't come at me all hard with your 20,000 posts bro. I'm asking a question, not asking for snide responses. So slot 1 is 0 and slot 2 is 1 and slot 3 is 2. ANYONE would be confused by this. Why can't there be just one forum with decent members? I cannot extrapolate what "1" means when 1 actually means 0.
Anyone would be confused by this? Where's all the other posts where people are confused? This has been a system used for years by this, and other emulators. And I don't see a lot of people confused by it. It's a pretty straight forward layout that people are trying to explain to you. When you ask for decent members in the forums, try looking in the mirror. They're trying to help you and you're getting defensive
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM