Save state file not found
Hey guys, I'm having an issue with my emulator not finding the save state. So two days ago, I was playing Dark Cloud 2 and I got up to get some water. When I got back, the program had shut down for some reason. There were no prompts on my screen from PCSX2 or from Windows saying that it had crashed or failed in any way. So I tried to restart the program to no success. When that didn't work, I restarted my computer, didn't work. After that I decided that I may as well do all the updates that I've been avoiding doing and I've tried to run the program again. The in game save is still there, but it is significantly behind where I was. Even the save state is up to an hour behind. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I'm not bad with computers, and I can follow instructions fairly well, but I don't want to mess with the settings without help as I don't understand all of them.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Upgrade to a dev build by clicking the link below. Unfortunately, your savestate is probably corrupted. If you have a memory card you can load from that.
Try deleting your p2s file, and rename your .p2s.backup file into .p2s file
Then try loading your save state again
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Shift+F2 loads the backup but the existence of the tmp file can mean the pcsx2.crashed while saving a state and that is not a good thing

Ps.never rely on save states only,always save your game the normal way when you have a chance
(12-07-2018, 12:13 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Try deleting your p2s file, and rename your .p2s.backup file into .p2s file
Then try loading your save state again

Thank you, this worked. I thought the backup would have to be accessed through the PCSX2 interface somewhere. I didn't think to even try to change the extension of the file. I also deleted the tmp file before trying to load it. After making a backup of all three of course.
(12-07-2018, 06:53 AM)vsub Wrote: Shift+F2 loads the backup but the existence of the tmp file can mean the pcsx2.crashed while saving a state and that is not a good thing

Ps.never rely on save states only,always save your game the normal way when you have a chance

Thanks. I was unaware of that. I did try the advice of the person above you before I read this, so at least the backup was usable. I don't know what caused it to crash, there wasn't even a notification from Windows saying that there was an error for not responding or crashed program. And I typically do save the using the in game method and the save state for this exact reason, one might get screwed up. But for some reason I didn't save while trying to level up Monica's Gladius for a recruitment quest. Lesson learned to pay more attention.

Again thanks to you both for helping.