Save state help
Hey, my save states have been working fine for about a month.
As of today the files are unable to load (It says the state is empty), in my files I found the sstate folder, but none of them are able to open. I keep receiving, File not found.
Path: IsoFileSystem
(pxActionEvent) IsoFS could not find the root directory on the ISO image.(thread:EE Core)

The folder has backup files but I'm unsure how to use them. If someone could help me I'd be much appreciative.

Sponsored links

If you updated your PCSX2, keep in mind that save states are not compatible cross versions. It is obviously not recommended to have a save state as a mandatory save file. Use the in game save system.

Anyways, can you try another game with a savestate?
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
(09-27-2015, 04:20 PM)KeyToTruth12 Wrote: If you updated your PCSX2, keep in mind that save states are not compatible cross versions. It is obviously not recommended to have a save state as a mandatory save file. Use the in game save system.

Anyways, can you try another game with a savestate?

I haven't updated PCSX2, and that was the only game I had. For future reference, how do you save to the memory card?
like you do on a normal ps2 :/
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(09-27-2015, 04:58 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: like you do on a normal ps2 :/

As in save in game? I assumed that would be gone if you turned off the system since it reverts. 

So are my saves gone for good? I have the P2S files and Backups, is there a way I can use the backups?
if you have the save files in PSU format, then you should be able to use MyMC to import the files into one of the memory cards located in pcsx2>memcards

You can follow this tutorial, written by one of super mods(Blyss Sarania), on importing the saves

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-to-us...from-PCSX2
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(09-28-2015, 02:10 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: if you have the save files in PSU format, then you should be able to use MyMC to import the files into one of the memory cards located in pcsx2>memcards

You can follow this tutorial, written by one of super mods(Blyss Sarania), on importing the saves

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-to-us...from-PCSX2

This is what I have, any way to convert them to PSU, or recover them in any way? I'm not too well versed in these file types.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

No. Savestates can't be converted in any way as far as I know. And that's why we don't recommend using savestates as a main saving system.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
But the backup should be usable as savestate. I never needed it but I guess you just need to remove the .backup ending of the files. (be careful not to override stuff by renaming.)
You can load the backup from within PCSX2 as well. System -> Load State -> Backup

Also, from my FAQ:

I'm using save states exclusively and have (insert problem here)!

Load from a memory card save. If you don't have one, then I hope your glitch isn't severe enough to prevent you from making one.

Save states are dumps of PCSX2's virtual PS2 memory, virtual CPU registers, emulator state, plugin state, etc .

If anything gets messed up by bad emulation, an error on your machine, cheats, etc etc, they will save that too for that reason. All emulators will in fact but the higher level the console the generally worse it can be because there is a lot more complex stuff going on.

Your error sounds more like an ISO issue than a save state issue though. Please post full emulog when you try to load.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD