Save state problem
I have been using this feature all throughout my playthrough and now it says the slot is empty... What gives? Looking at the folder where save states are it is clearly is not empty. Is this a known problem? Or is their a way to fix this?

I am using 5457.

Thanks.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3

Sponsored links

Sstates may be dangerous if used exclusively or only at one slot. What makes me wonder if you are not trying to load a different slot (like have pressed F2 and been saving out the slot 0).

Besides, sstates may become corrupted and in this case you may be out of luuck. Sstates are a wonder to help in many cases where is needed a quick save and the nearest save point is not an option, but should never be used to replace the memcard save for many reasons.

Another reason could be the emulator being started from different folder that save game pertains. That would be the case if you are starting a newer emulator's version under another folder, what may not be the case here.

PS: Normally PCSX2 keeps a backup of the last sstate overwritten, you may want to rename it as normal and that will place you one sstate early than the very last but may be better than losing all the progress.
Imagination is where we are truly real
The only reason I am using save states so much is because of star ocean 3. Any other game I won't need to.

I noticed that having MTVU hack on could cause Sstates to be unstable. I also notice how much I hate having MTVU off but with it off will Sstates still have chance to go unstable? If so then theirs no point in turning it off then.
Star Ocean has a save point in all inns in all cities I do recall and "invading" all and every house in that game is a "must do thing", strange how so few people complain, some may ever praise you for being nosy Smile

Let's hope you didn't disable the backup option at the system tab. You should have a savegame with the extension .backup that you can rename to remove it and try again. If the emulator still doesn't see the save, maybe happened something to the file or folder that removed your rights to read it (at OS level).

About the MTVU, sorry, I can't tell how it really affect savegames, that option actually worsens the thing for bulldozer CPU so I don't use it.
Well the game does have many save points in it and I do use them for reassurance. Its jsut that if my battle gauge gets broken its a pain to get back again with 3x xp. So this is why I use save states so much in the game.

I do have a backup save but at the time I already rewritten over it.. So i'll try that next time.
(11-24-2012, 02:11 AM)fade2black001 Wrote: Well the game does have many save points in it and I do use them for reassurance. Its jsut that if my battle gauge gets broken its a pain to get back again with 3x xp. So this is why I use save states so much in the game.
Just swap in some low-level characters and only attack with weak minor attacks once you're close to filling it. It's very easy to get whatever bonus you want without having to chain it.
If you're controlling a ranged attacker, it's also pretty much impossible to get it broken outside of loading normally.

No need to rely on save states for that if you're having trouble with them.
Umm. Well that may be true but its still a pain. As for getting whatever bonus I want without the chain is a different story. I reloaded a Sstate like 20 times and all I got was 2x fol or increased recovery rate. None of the other ones would show. By this time I could of gotten back to 15 chain to have everything. Also it seems to like giving me 3x XP as the very last one as well. Go figure
(11-24-2012, 02:11 AM)fade2black001 Wrote: Well the game does have many save points in it and I do use them for reassurance. Its jsut that if my battle gauge gets broken its a pain to get back again with 3x xp. So this is why I use save states so much in the game.

I do have a backup save but at the time I already rewritten over it.. So i'll try that next time.

Hey, I use them a lot as well... just than I make normal saves every time I have a chance also Smile

Believe me, I love so much the sstates that is easy to forget their implicit dangers.
Oh yea so do I. I always learned to do a hard save as I had bad experiences in the past not doing so. I use to a lot of times go through games only using Sstates and never use the memory card and boy when I saves a Sstate at a wrong time or it didn't work out well and screwed me over. I would of lost many many hours of work and would basically have to start all the back from the beginning when I would be close to the end of a game. I learned this the hard way but lesson was learned though.
What bonus you get first depends on which attack was used to max the gauge. Minor attack = 3x XP, major attack = 2x Fol, battle skill = increased recovery rate, symbology = increased droprate.
AI attacks will max it as well, so just quickly switch them to manual if you're not sure you can get the attack in you want. It's really not that big of a deal once you know this.