Saved over Save state game in Xenosaga
Hey guys,

I really hope someone can help me.

Like a ***** retard, I was loading up Xenosaga part 1, getting ready to play.
And like many I had been using save state given the save system does not work properly in that game. So as not to game it, I had saved state in rooms where a genuine save point was.

However this evening I pressed F1 instead of F3 on the main menu, and was only ever using slot 0.

Yes I'm a knob and am kicking myself (I literally have!) but I'm hoping that someone can show me some way to possibly retrieve an earlier save state that will allow me to continue at some earlier point rather than lose all my progress.

I really do hope you can help although I'm fearing the worst.

Alternatively if someone knows how to make the saves work once you get on the Wodheim or whatever the hell that ship is called, then do tell me as I would much rather use the original system anyway.

Otherwise I will need to start again.

God.................I might just stop playing games, I either get really frustrated with them or do stupid ***** like this.

Sponsored links

If you have left the "Backup before save" option on, you should have a backup savestate. You can load it with Shift-F3.
(09-29-2016, 12:07 AM)FlatOut Wrote: If you have left the "Backup before save" option on, you should have a backup savestate. You can load it with Shift-F3.

I've literally no idea where that is. I've certainly never turned it on. Do you know where it is or if it defaults to on? If it does default to that then it means I have it. Somewhere. Thing is I thought it wasn't working so I pressed to load twice not once. Am I screwed?
It defaults to on. Go to System->Load state and at the bottom you should see the backup. Or you can do as Flatout said. If you pressed F1 twice though then yes, you are screwed sorry to say. It's quite possible to use the save points in this game just so you know. There are a few glitchy ones but the thing to do is just save state before you go to use a save point and if it goes funky you can retry.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(09-29-2016, 09:56 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: It defaults to on. Go to System->Load state and at the bottom you should see the backup. Or you can do as Flatout said. If you pressed F1 twice though then yes, you are screwed sorry to say. It's quite possible to use the save points in this game just so you know. There are a few glitchy ones but the thing to do is just save state before you go to use a save point and if it goes funky you can retry.

It looks like I am screwed. there is a back up files in the Save state folder but I can't select it in the drop down menu in the UI. I am saving like mad in the future. FYI I have tried all the save points in the ship Widhelm or something? And they all revert to the memory card location in the PS2 start up menu, rather than the in game menu. Is it just that ship that is janky? Does anyone by any chance have a save state for some point in that ship? I do have a proper save game in the opening test mission you do with KOS MOS, but that means I lose several hours of gameplay that, to be honest, I'm really not keen on going back through again.
You don't need to select the backup in the UI, you just need to press Shift and F3 at the same time like I suggested in my earlier post...
(09-29-2016, 11:05 AM)Soniclen Wrote: It looks like I am screwed. there is a back up files in the Save state folder but I can't select it in the drop down menu in the UI. I am saving like mad in the future. FYI I have tried all the save points in the ship Widhelm or something? And they all revert to the memory card location in the PS2 start up menu, rather than the in game menu. Is it just that ship that is janky? Does anyone by any chance have a save state for some point in that ship? I do have a proper save game in the opening test mission you do with KOS MOS, but that means I lose several hours of gameplay that, to be honest, I'm really not keen on going back through again.

Only a few of the save points do it and somewhere around is a list..
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD