Savegame in memcard not recognised
Been playing Sly 1, got to Mz Ruby world yesterday and accidentally alt+f4. Thought it'd be a good time to stop playing but now I can't load my save anymore.

Have not used savestates at all, have checked by booting into bios and the save is still there but when I boot into Sly 1 it prompts me to start a new game.

Have checked around the threads but haven't found a solution that works

What should I do? I'm using the latest stable version

Sponsored links

Try exporting your save data with mymc+, though you have to install Python 3.9 first.
In there, export the save data from the memory card you are using and then import another memory card using this program, such as the other one named Mcd002.ps2. From there, rename the memory card you imported your save data to or use the Memory Card Manager within PCSX2 (Config > Memory Cards) and see if it works now. If anyone has a better solution, please do share.

I hope this helps.
(03-26-2022, 10:26 PM)integrationdis Wrote: Try exporting your save data with mymc+, though you have to install Python 3.9 first.
In there, export the save data from the memory card you are using and then import another memory card using this program, such as the other one named Mcd002.ps2. From there, rename the memory card you imported your save data to or use the Memory Card Manager within PCSX2 (Config > Memory Cards) and see if it works now. If anyone has a better solution, please do share.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for the response. Took me a bit to get mymc+ up and running considering my lack of experience with python.

Still haven't been able to get it to load. Could it be that the save got corrupted since I force closed PCSX2? Don't recall if it was saving at the time. Is there any way to check for that?
(03-27-2022, 07:26 PM)LordOfMostlyMe Wrote: Thank you for the response. Took me a bit to get mymc+ up and running considering my lack of experience with python.

Still haven't been able to get it to load. Could it be that the save got corrupted since I force closed PCSX2? Don't recall if it was saving at the time. Is there any way to check for that?

I appreciate your effort.
Yes, the corrupted game save would show up as "Corrupted Data" in the Memory Card. I've tried to replicate your issue using Alt + F4 when saving in another game and this is what happened to me. Did the data show up in mymc+?
As for the actual game data you have, are you sure it's not just the "Profile" data some games use for settings and the like?
(03-27-2022, 10:57 PM)integrationdis Wrote: I appreciate your effort.
Yes, the corrupted game save would show up as "Corrupted Data" in the Memory Card. I've tried to replicate your issue using Alt + F4 when saving in another game and this is what happened to me. Did the data show up in mymc+?
As for the actual game data you have, are you sure it's not just the "Profile" data some games use for settings and the like?

There is no corrupted data showing up on bios startup or mymc+. The data is there for the game, can't really tell if it's actual game data.

If it was just profile data would that mean that the save just completely disappeared? Oof
(03-27-2022, 11:16 PM)LordOfMostlyMe Wrote: There is no corrupted data showing up on bios startup or mymc+. The data is there for the game, can't really tell if it's actual game data.

If it was just profile data would that mean that the save just completely disappeared? Oof

Ok, would it be possible for you to upload your Memory Card somewhere and then post it here?
I looked further into the profile data matter, turns out Sly Cooper doesn't use it.
(03-28-2022, 02:38 AM)integrationdis Wrote: Ok, would it be possible for you to upload your Memory Card somewhere and then post it here?
I looked further into the profile data matter, turns out Sly Cooper doesn't use it.

Here ya go, don't forget to remove spaces. Hopefully G Drive suffices

https:// drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MUGWBi8jQJouHBAgDowcw-OzX_476iiR?usp=sharing
(03-29-2022, 02:39 AM)LordOfMostlyMe Wrote: Here ya go, don't forget to remove spaces. Hopefully G Drive suffices

https:// drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MUGWBi8jQJouHBAgDowcw-OzX_476iiR?usp=sharing

Thank you.
Right, so it turns out your save data is seemingly gone. I'm sorry.
This is what I could find: your save in the memcard is 7 KBs lighter than the usual Sly Cooper file, 7 KB is one of the game's 3 save slots.[Image: 6bSGknL.png]

save1 is 0 KB, instead of the usual 7 KB of the other unused slots. I simply converted the memcard into a folder type memcard using the conversion tool in the Memory Card Manager. (Config > Memory Cards)
[Image: ju3Vyk4.png]
This is what an usual Sly Cooper save file looks like.

In the BIOS:
[Image: su8P2Ol.png][Image: RS8FTsb.png]

So, I guess something really must have gone wrong on your end when pressing Alt + F4, probably while autosaving.
Thank you for your patience.
(03-29-2022, 06:06 AM)integrationdis Wrote: Thank you.
Right, so it turns out your save data is seemingly gone. I'm sorry.
This is what I could find: your save in the memcard is 7 KBs lighter than the usual Sly Cooper file, 7 KB is one of the game's 3 save slots.[Image: 6bSGknL.png]

save1 is 0 KB, instead of the usual 7 KB of the other unused slots. I simply converted the memcard into a folder type memcard using the conversion tool in the Memory Card Manager. (Config > Memory Cards)
[Image: ju3Vyk4.png]
This is what an usual Sly Cooper save file looks like.

In the BIOS:
[Image: su8P2Ol.png][Image: RS8FTsb.png]

So, I guess something really must have gone wrong on your end when pressing Alt + F4, probably while autosaving.
Thank you for your patience.

Dang... Thank you anyways for the effort