Savestate - question about VM and VTLB sstates
Hello, i was playing Artonelico 2 with the pcsx2_Playground_TBL and has somes savestate with that emulator vercion. But i has some slowdown FPS in some battles and sometimes video card crashed and was looking for something newest and found the pscx2 Beta from Feb 12 with the .exe called pcsx2-r478. I downloaded and config again and make a whole copy of the savestate to use with that new vercion, but i seens isn't compatible with the savestate of playground VM.

It says: "Savestate load aborted: VTLB edition cannot safely load savestates create by the VM edition".

Here is my question:

Is there a way to make my savestate from pcsx2_pg_TBL works in the VTLB vercion or not?

thx for reading hope have a answer soon. ^^

Sponsored links

(02-16-2009, 04:43 AM)titoman40 Wrote: Hello, i was playing Artonelico 2 with the pcsx2_Playground_TBL and has somes savestate with that emulator vercion. But i has some slowdown FPS in some battles and sometimes video card crashed and was looking for something newest and found the pscx2 Beta from Feb 12 with the .exe called pcsx2-r478. I downloaded and config again and make a whole copy of the savestate to use with that new vercion, but i seens isn't compatible with the savestate of playground VM.

It says: "Savestate load aborted: VTLB edition cannot safely load savestates create by the VM edition".

Here is my question:

Is there a way to make my savestate from pcsx2_pg_TBL works in the VTLB vercion or not?

thx for reading hope have a answer soon. ^^

i don't think so, but what u could do is save the game the actual way and then transfer the save file to the new version and load it. That was what i did.
Ar tonelico 2 is one of those games that didn't support memorycard saves before the revision that fixed them.

Since that revision came after the cancelation of VM/TLB, there's not much you can do (unless you know how to compile and how to merge stuff (Sio.cpp/h, maybe Memorycard.cpp/h) from the new revisions to an old VM/TLB one)
I made a similar post to this some time ago and no one said that there was a way other than saving on a memory card.

But like your problem, I couldn't save on a memory card with the VM version and then load it with the new VTLB version. So, i was looking for a way to use my VM savestate with the VTLB version, like some kind of converter, but no luck.

So i guess you will have to start over on the VTLB version.
Intel C2D [email protected] | 2GB DDR2@800Mhz | NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX 512MB | Asus P5N-D nForce 750i SLI Chipset | XP Pro SP3 | SuperPI 1.5-1m in 15.5s
Intel C2D [email protected] | 2GB DDR2@665MHz | 2xSLI NVIDIA GeForceGo 7950GTX 512MB | XP Pro SP3 | Alienware Laptop | SuperPI 1.5-1m in 23s
The only way to do this is what Nneeve suggested. You'd need to compile an old VM version with SIO.cpp and SIO.h from a recent version.
A bit luck that it works still is also needed Tongue2

If you can't do that, then i'm sorry, you need to replay the game.