Savestates between versions?
I've been usinfg 1.2.1 r5875 for a while now, but noticed a few games crashing and reckoned it was time to update to 1.4.0. However, I've noticed that none of my savestates work any more (though they still load in 1.2.1). 

Is there a way to get them to load in 1.4.0, or am I stuck? My memory cards still work, so I could load 1.2.1 at the savestates and find an actual save point, but in some games that can be a bit of a hassle...

Sponsored links

You can't make them work unfortunately, the emulator has changed too much between versions. Best thing to do is as you said, find a save point and save the game then copy your memory cards over. I know it's a hassle, but we do tell people not to rely on savestates for this reason (aside from the fact they can be unreliable) Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

You could also get back to 1.2.1, and for each save state you want kept, load the game and the load your save state, then and do a memory card save as soon as possible at the game, possibly after advancing a bit at the game if memory card save is not available right away.

Once you have the memory card save, get back to the newer version and load it within the game itself.

Note that with save state (regardless which version of PCSX2) you also have the previous save of each slot available as "savestate backup" which you can load with shift-F3 instead of the normal F3 (or via the system menu -> load state -> at the bottom you'll see the backup saves). This is in case the last savestate got corrupted or saved accidentally, so you can get back to the previous save at that slot.
Aren't you all suggesting the same thing? Tongue2
(07-06-2016, 03:04 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Aren't you all suggesting the same thing? Tongue2

I think Avih said the same as me just in more detail yeh Tongue

(07-06-2016, 03:06 PM)refraction Wrote: I think Avih said the same as me just in more detail yeh Tongue
And you just confirmed what the OP had already thought of.
(07-06-2016, 03:10 PM)FlatOut Wrote: And you just confirmed what the OP had already thought of.

I know Tongue

(07-05-2016, 04:10 PM)refraction Wrote: Best thing to do is as you said

Oh, we like redundancy here!