ScpServer/monitor idle timeout
I use ScpMonitor from the driver to set idle timeout to Disabled, but the controller still turns off after a few minutes. How do I keep the controller on regardless of idle time?

Sponsored links

Did the controller die? Legitimate question.

I'll try the feature out myself and report back if it works correctly; roughly 50 minutes is when I'll report back since 30 is the max time.

Update: So it's been close to 50 minutes and the controller hasn't turned off. The program is fine so I'd assume the problem is with your controller, maybe it died, maybe the battery has failed, maybe you forgot to apply the settings.
(02-02-2015, 05:48 AM)Bigbenn01 Wrote: Did the controller die? Legitimate question.

I'll try the feature out myself and report back if it works correctly; roughly 50 minutes is when I'll report back since 30 is the max time.

Update: So it's been close to 50 minutes and the controller hasn't turned off. The program is fine so I'd assume the problem is with your controller, maybe it died, maybe the battery has failed, maybe you forgot to apply the settings.

It's been a day since then and I have not charged the controller. It still works so I know it's not the battery. It's a new controller, btw. Perhaps a week or 2 since I started using it. If I keep using it, it does not disconnect so it's clearly an idle timeout issue. I'll do a test to see how long it last in the disabled setting.

I used to have a different DS3 controller, but it had a problem and failed. I replaced it with this one from China. It looks legitimate. Heavy, DS3/Sixaxis logo, PS logo, Sony logo. The old controller used to work with MotionInJoy perfectly and the timeout worked correctly (it did not timeout). This one did not work at all with MotionInJoy through bluetooth, which is why I uninstalled that and got this program. This program and Xpadder work fine to replace it except for this one idle issue.

Edit: looks like it disconnects at 5 minutes. I can make it quit faster if I set the idle to less than 5 minutes, but not by setting it to more or disabling it. No more than 5 minutes.

Anyway I did a controller reset and reinstalled the driver so perhaps this will work.
(02-03-2015, 06:17 AM)vasock Wrote: Anyway I did a controller reset and reinstalled the driver so perhaps this will work.

Did not help.
Quote:I replaced it with this one from China. It looks legitimate.
I don't think it's a good idea.

Problem is the device id may not be recognized by the scpserver if it's a fake controller, thus causing issues...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-03-2015, 07:57 AM)jesalvein Wrote: I don't think it's a good idea.

Problem is the device id may not be recognized by the scpserver if it's a fake controller, thus causing issues...

But it works perfectly other than for the idle timeout.