ScpToolkit (XInput Wrapper aka ScpServer Reloaded)
I GOT THE SERVICE INSTALLED! FINALLY Thanks so much Shun, I've unblocked every one except the recent build and i guess that did it. Only i have another problem now. The Ds3 is connected but wont actually work. It has no MAC Adress in the monitor and comes up with FFFFFFFF Charging. EVEN when i Unplug the controller it still does it. Im Not Sure if it has anything to do with my Errors in the installation is always says PnP failed to install.

Sponsored links

Ok, so before I install this again and start replaying my old games, I need some confirmation on stuff

this thread is now replacing the old SCP/XInput thing, and I like that, only thing is, I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 (after uninstalling the old scp stuff before upgrade), and it seems to have installed some new bluetooth stuff (my bluetooth is internal and not external, not like I use bluetooth much at all)

I checked the hardware ID's and mine still continues to be compatible, but you say windows 10 has 360 drivers built in now? Does that mean I don't need the wireless controller receiver anymore? And if I do still need it, if I install this, what steps do I need to do, uninstall all bluetooth device drivers from device manager then run ScpDriver.exe, or just run the ScpDriver.exe and it does the rest (I do have a system restore point ready incase of FUBAR)

And yes, I did read the installation how-to, I just want to make absolutely sure about what im going to do

I just want to make sure this doesn't go duck mode on me (what im calling such a FUBAR that it evolves into another meaning)
In the face of true and un-restrained awesomeness, let it belong to me and me alone, cuz I said so, and cuz I have the HAMS OF DOOM
Okay, I tried installing the program on my laptop (where previously a somewhat wonky install of the old version of Scarlet.Crush was still installed) and that works just fine.

I went back to the log files and:

16-8-2015 09:18:45 [INFO] - ENTER UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices...
16-8-2015 09:18:45 [ERROR] - RETURN UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices.
16-8-2015 09:18:45 [ERROR] - Installation failed.
16-8-2015 09:18:45 [ERROR] - PnP Install failed.

seems to be the chief difference allong with:

16-8-2015 09:18:47 [ERROR] - Couldn't start service: System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot start service Ds3Service on computer '.'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The dependency service or group failed to start

Anyone got a clue how to fix this? Also, my bluetooth functionality seems to disappear entirely, even though I don't tick the bluetooth driver box.

*edit* Seems uninstalling the ScpDriver restores bluetooth. And reinstalling it even with the bluetooth box unticked makes it vanish from my system. Seems to be a bug, Nefarious.
If you are getting this for your scp virtual bus driver:
[INFO] - ENTER UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices...
[ERROR] - RETURN UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices.
[ERROR] - Installation failed.
[ERROR] - PnP Install failed.

Couldn't start service: System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot start service Ds3Service on computer '.'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion

Your windows file permissions are messed up, possibly due to upgrading your windows version. If you fix them it will install correctly instead of "This operation requires an interactive window station".
(08-17-2015, 08:05 PM)252-rer Wrote: If you are getting this for your scp virtual bus driver:
[INFO] - ENTER UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices...
[ERROR] - RETURN UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices.
[ERROR] - Installation failed.
[ERROR] - PnP Install failed.

Couldn't start service: System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot start service Ds3Service on computer '.'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion

Your windows file permissions are messed up, possibly due to upgrading your windows version. If you fix them it will install correctly instead of "This operation requires an interactive window station".

Thanks for trying to help. Though this was a clean install due to the upgrade messing up. And I tried setting up all users to have permission to modify through the security tab of my harddisks' properties menu. Even immediately said the program had to be run as administrator. Still got the error though. Sad
How do you recommend I set the file permissions if not through the properties -> security menu?

On that note. Can anyone tell me how to completely uninstall everything related to ScpServer? Since the first time I tried with Scarlet.Crush' last full install, that seemed to initially work. But ever since I tried updating that to his/her last update, everything seems to have broken.
It's worth mentioning that I personally tested every release on either my main Windows 8.1 machine, a fresh Windows 10 virtual machine, my HTPC originally running Windows 7 and in-place-upgraded to Windows 10 and my fathers PC, upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 and finally this weekend to Windows 10. Every release works like it's meant to be (not counting some bugs who might always sneak in Tongue ) for all who might be in doubt and think I just throw releases out just for the sake of releasing something Laugh

At all who still have troubles to get it to work despite having compatible dongles and controllers; I'm constantly documenting and extending the code with logging routines to get a grip whats going on under the hood. Don't get me wrong; there is still A LOT to read and understand about the code since it isn't mine. So please be patient as the support can only grow significantly once I - or some other community member - have the confidence to know the inner workings a 100%.

With that said, gn8 Biggrin

PS: Oh, and don't mess with Windows's folder permissions, like with the registry you might screw up your system really bad. Try sfc /scannow on an elevated command prompt to run a system files integrity test. Run it at least 3 times.
(08-17-2015, 06:34 AM)OldMoldSnorter Wrote: Ok, so before I install this again and start replaying my old games, I need some confirmation on stuff

this thread is now replacing the old SCP/XInput thing, and I like that, only thing is, I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 (after uninstalling the old scp stuff before upgrade), and it seems to have installed some new bluetooth stuff (my bluetooth is internal and not external, not like I use bluetooth much at all)

I checked the hardware ID's and mine still continues to be compatible, but you say windows 10 has 360 drivers built in now? Does that mean I don't need the wireless controller receiver anymore? And if I do still need it, if I install this, what steps do I need to do, uninstall all bluetooth device drivers from device manager then run ScpDriver.exe, or just run the ScpDriver.exe and it does the rest (I do have a system restore point ready incase of FUBAR)

And yes, I did read the installation how-to, I just want to make absolutely sure about what im going to do

I just want to make sure this doesn't go duck mode on me (what im calling such a FUBAR that it evolves into another meaning)

You'll be fine if you don't need to use your Bluetooth for other Bluetooth devices. My Surface Pro 2 requires a driver switch to work with normal Bluetooth devices as opposed to the DS3 controller. Any changes that are made can just be switched back to a different driver--and ScpDriver's uninstall mechanism is improved if you have any reason to uninstall.
(08-17-2015, 02:33 AM)Schadows Wrote: Hi and thank you Nefarious for taking aver this project.

I was using my DS3 with Scarlet's version up until now, but wanted to switch to my DS4 and decided to upgrade SCP at the same time.

I uninstalled my current version and proceed to Install yours. It was successful and my DS3 is working prefectly, be it through USB or bluetooth.
Although my DS4 is also working well through USB (the light bar isn't green like it used to be but whatever), it doesn't seem to be paired with the bluetooth dongle automatically (disconnecting doesn't switch to BT and even starting the pad manually doesn't seem to do anything). 
Is there some manual step to do for pairing the DS4? ("pair" button in ScpServer is disabled, can only test vibration).

I can pair my DS4 with the dongle when SCP is uninstalled (but there are so few games supporting it natively) so I suppose the dongle isn't the problem here.

Ok I solved it, I never tried a right click on the icon in the task bar.  The "Configuration" panel  has a "DS4 repair" option which force the pairing of the DS4 upon connection to the USB.
That did the trick and I can now use my DS4 though bluetooth.

I also tried to tweak the brightness of the light bar, but it seems you can only set iut ti either 0 (disabled) or not 0. Any value different from 0 doen't seem to work well (no différences in light intensity) and the value will be back to 50% when reopning the configuration panel.
(08-17-2015, 09:20 PM)Nefarius Wrote: It's worth mentioning that I personally tested every release on either my main Windows 8.1 machine, a fresh Windows 10 virtual machine, my HTPC originally running Windows 7 and in-place-upgraded to Windows 10 and my fathers PC, upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 and finally this weekend to Windows 10. Every release works like it's meant to be (not counting some bugs who might always sneak in Tongue ) for all who might be in doubt and think I just throw releases out just for the sake of releasing something Laugh

At all who still have troubles to get it to work despite having compatible dongles and controllers; I'm constantly documenting and extending the code with logging routines to get a grip whats going on under the hood. Don't get me wrong; there is still A LOT to read and understand about the code since it isn't mine. So please be patient as the support can only grow significantly once I - or some other community member - have the confidence to know the inner workings a 100%.

With that said, gn8 Biggrin

PS: Oh, and don't mess with Windows's folder permissions, like with the registry you might screw up your system really bad. Try sfc /scannow on an elevated command prompt to run a system files integrity test. Run it at least 3 times.

Thanks for all the effort by the way, Nefarious. I'm trying not to sound ungrateful, by the way. I do appreciate it all. And thanks for the tip on file access. I'll just wait until someone perhaps can tell me the answers to all the previous questions I posted.
Hey, sorry to post again but I was wondering if someone could please help me out?

(08-13-2015, 06:17 AM)StoneCold448 Wrote: Hi Nefarius, thank-you so much for updating the drivers... I used to use motioninjoy for awhile but when I upgraded to Windows 10, I decided to stay away from that program and try SCP. I installed the driver and it works great (I stick with wired, I don't have a BT dongle) but I was wondering though, does SCP have the ability to remap controls like DS3 does? I have a physical disability and the R2/L2 buttons are difficult for me to use so I like to remap those to R3/L3 for certain games. Thanks