ScpToolkit (XInput Wrapper aka ScpServer Reloaded)
So I had this working for a few days on Windows 7, then i tried to reinstall by copying the new zip over the directory and it stopped working. tried a bunch of stuff. I have an xbox 360 controller showing up in devices+printers in the top area and the ps3 controller in the bottom area. the ps3 gets the player 1 light and scp monitor sees it, but says host address not connected (but i dont have bluetooth so that mgiht be that?). controller does not show up in usb controllers area

IDK what to do i've tried uninstalling reinstalling etc.

Attached Files
.xml   ScpDsxInstaller.log.xml (Size: 17,86 KB / Downloads: 561)
.xml   ScpDsxService.log.xml (Size: 134,99 KB / Downloads: 977)

Sponsored links

(08-15-2015, 03:32 AM)Shun Wrote: So I had this working for a few days on Windows 7, then i tried to reinstall by copying the new zip over the directory and it stopped working. tried a bunch of stuff. I have an xbox 360 controller showing up in devices+printers in the top area and the ps3 controller in the bottom area. the ps3 gets the player 1 light and scp monitor sees it, but says host address not connected (but i dont have bluetooth so that mgiht be that?). controller does not show up in usb controllers area

IDK what to do i've tried uninstalling reinstalling etc.

Maybe try going uninstalling Spc Drivers and then going into device manager and selecting the Spc DS3 controller under Universal Serial Bus Devices and uninstalling the drivers for it and re plug in the controller so it gets a fresh install of the controller drivers and then install the Spc Drivers without selecting bluetooth.
Finally found the cause of my DS4 bluetooth issue.

It seems that once a DS4 has been paired to a dongle using standard bluetooth drivers (i.e. DS4Windows), it will be detected as correctly paired by this program, but will trigger the issue I experienced. Once force paired by removing the disable pair button check it works perfectly.

You need to remove or improve this check in ScpForm.cs:

Code:
rootHub.Master != rootHub.Pad[index].Remote
(08-15-2015, 04:54 PM)Darkimmortal Wrote: Finally found the cause of my DS4 bluetooth issue.

It seems that once a DS4 has been paired to a dongle using standard bluetooth drivers (i.e. DS4Windows), it will be detected as correctly paired by this program, but will trigger the issue I experienced. Once force paired by removing the disable pair button check it works perfectly.

You need to remove or improve this check in ScpForm.cs:

Code:
rootHub.Master != rootHub.Pad[index].Remote

Do you know how I can fix this for my DS3/DS4 setup in the meantime?

edit: Ok, resetting the DS4 with the reset button on its back did it.
More progress on doing a build from scratch, but still some problems:

Previous context:  http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...#pid474148

I downloaded the source as of a few minutes ago and was able to successfully build both SLN projects in Visual Studio Community 2013, however, when I run ScpDriver.exe, the installation log shows an error:

8/15/2015 1:43:29 PM [INFO] - RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW  (0xE000024B)

ScpDsxInstaller.log.xml and the ScpDriver text logs from both your and my builds attached.

.xml   ScpDsxInstaller.log.xml (Size: 12,72 KB / Downloads: 509)
.txt   install logs.txt (Size: 3,52 KB / Downloads: 267)

The good news is I was able to add "SupportedName = Quad Stick" and "HardwareId = USB\VID_16D0&PID_092B" in the appropriate places in the ScpControl.ini file in your build and the Quad Stick (which shares its USB report format with the AfterGlow) worked just fine.  It was hidden in the Game Controllers list after the ScpDriver install and moving it updated the virtual XBox 360 controller values when the Server or the Service were running.

I think you may be aware that the ScpDriver uninstall does not uninstall the PS3 driver itself and the user has to manually do so in the Device Manager.  I think a side effect is some other system list of game controllers never gets cleaned up.  In my Steam Big Picture Mode controller settings, I see over a dozen XBox 360 controllers available in the controllers list, even when nothing from ScpServer is currently installed.  This was not the case with the original ScarletCrush driver.  I have no idea where to suggest looking for that issue.  The joy.cpl controllers list does not show this, just in Steam's BPM.  The number of controllers listed seemed to be related to the number of times I tested my build of the ScpDriver.exe, but I wasn't counting exactly.
(08-15-2015, 03:48 AM)JohnLoyd1 Wrote: Maybe try going uninstalling Spc Drivers and then going into device manager and selecting the Spc DS3 controller under Universal Serial Bus Devices and uninstalling the drivers for it and re plug in the controller so it gets a fresh install of the controller drivers and then install the Spc Drivers without selecting bluetooth.

I've basically been doing that?

I thought I found a trick which was the remove all drivers until you get down to the one Playstation 3 controller device that Windows installs by default and does nothing, and then installing from SCPDriver. But then after that I got a Playstation 3 controller device that doesn't show in USB game controllers and either 1 or 2 separate Xbox 360 controller for Windows. (see attachment) This is better than yesterday when the Playstation 3 controller wasn't in the top listing of devices. I think the driver for the Playstation 3 device may be wrong (it says provider = libusb.info) and doesn't look to be from SCP, but i've tried switching it manually to the .inf below and no go.

When installing for me it also likes installing 2 devices, is that normal?:
8/15/2015 5:26:02 PM [INFO] - Device with specified VID (054C) and PID (0268) found, preparing driver installation...
8/15/2015 5:26:02 PM [INFO] - Driver "Ds3Controller.inf" successfully created in directory "Driver"
8/15/2015 5:26:04 PM [INFO] - Installation result: WDI_SUCCESS
8/15/2015 5:26:04 PM [INFO] - Installed driver for DualShock 3 controller USB\VID_054C&PID_0268
8/15/2015 5:26:04 PM [INFO] - Device with specified VID (045E) and PID (028E) found, preparing driver installation...
8/15/2015 5:26:04 PM [INFO] - Driver "Ds3Controller.inf" successfully created in directory "Driver"
8/15/2015 5:26:08 PM [INFO] - Installation result: WDI_SUCCESS
8/15/2015 5:26:08 PM [INFO] - Installed driver for DualShock 3 controller USB\VID_045E&PID_028E

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hey folks. I just tried installing the SCP drivers on my new Win10 install. And loh and behold, I'm here because it worked!

Nah, not really. I wish it did so I didn't have to bug all of you.

Anyway, quick rundown of what I've been doing to get it all to work.
1. Initially ran the original 1.2.something version, which installed just fine and made my DS3 show up along with a virtual Xbox360 controller in the Devices 'n Printers window. It all went to hell however when I then updated to the 1.2.2.something-with-7's version of the previous developer.
2. So I uninstalled, tried installing the first version again. No dice.
3. Found this thread, and have been doing a number of different ways to uninstall both the drivers for the DS3 AND the SCP drivers. No luck
4. Everything shows up as normal in the SCP server and Monitor programs and it recognizes my controller, but it can't/won't relay the input of the controller to any sort of XInput, nor does any input show up in either one of the tester utilities that come in the x86 or x64 folders.

So... 5. I've come to this thread to post the installer log files, where you can see that a number of services, included the PnP doesn't want to be installed. Though mind you I don't know whether they did the first time I reinstalled the SCP service and everything DID get recognized, since those log files got lost in my insistent trashing of the previous versions to try and see if I could get anything working.

Sorry for the TL/DR. Short version of it is that I have a log file that says a number of things can't get installed. Help...?

Attached Files
.xml   ScpDsxInstaller.log.xml (Size: 20,63 KB / Downloads: 499)
(08-15-2015, 11:38 PM)Shun Wrote: I've basically been doing that?

I thought I found a trick which was the remove all drivers until you get down to the one Playstation 3 controller device that Windows installs by default and does nothing, and then installing from SCPDriver. But then after that I got a Playstation 3 controller device that doesn't show in USB game controllers and either 1 or 2 separate Xbox 360 controller for Windows. (see attachment) This is better than yesterday when the Playstation 3 controller wasn't in the top listing of devices. I think the driver for the Playstation 3 device may be wrong (it says provider = libusb.info) and doesn't look to be from SCP, but i've tried switching it manually to the .inf below and no go.

When installing for me it also likes installing 2 devices, is that normal?:
8/15/2015 5:26:02 PM [INFO] - Device with specified VID (054C) and PID (0268) found, preparing driver installation...
8/15/2015 5:26:02 PM [INFO] - Driver "Ds3Controller.inf" successfully created in directory "Driver"
8/15/2015 5:26:04 PM [INFO] - Installation result: WDI_SUCCESS
8/15/2015 5:26:04 PM [INFO] - Installed driver for DualShock 3 controller USB\VID_054C&PID_0268
8/15/2015 5:26:04 PM [INFO] - Device with specified VID (045E) and PID (028E) found, preparing driver installation...
8/15/2015 5:26:04 PM [INFO] - Driver "Ds3Controller.inf" successfully created in directory "Driver"
8/15/2015 5:26:08 PM [INFO] - Installation result: WDI_SUCCESS
8/15/2015 5:26:08 PM [INFO] - Installed driver for DualShock 3 controller USB\VID_045E&PID_028E

The libusb.info driver is perfectly fine; in 1.4.x I changed the driver package from Scarlet.Crush´s to the more flexible libwdi drivers.
(08-15-2015, 10:22 PM)QuadStick Wrote: I think you may be aware that the ScpDriver uninstall does not uninstall the PS3 driver itself and the user has to manually do so in the Device Manager.  I think a side effect is some other system list of game controllers never gets cleaned up.  In my Steam Big Picture Mode controller settings, I see over a dozen XBox 360 controllers available in the controllers list, even when nothing from ScpServer is currently installed.  This was not the case with the original ScarletCrush driver.  I have no idea where to suggest looking for that issue.  The joy.cpl controllers list does not show this, just in Steam's BPM.  The number of controllers listed seemed to be related to the number of times I tested my build of the ScpDriver.exe, but I wasn't counting exactly.

Yes, the current build doesn't fully uninstall the controller and dongle drivers, I'm working on it and including it in the next release.
I'm using this on Windows 10 via a USB connection with my DualShock 4, and it's working great! There are a few problems I am having, however.

1. The light bar does not stay a constant colour, instead it flashes on and off.
2. I can't rebind the controls via ScpMonitor (I choose a profile and set it to rebind controls, and it shows it working properly in ScpMonitor, however in game and in the Control Panel it acts as if no controls have been rebinded).

I also have a request. Would it be possible to include greater control over rebinding? For example, rebinding a controller button to a keyboard key?