ScpToolkit (XInput Wrapper aka ScpServer Reloaded)
Hello everyone.

I'vee been using this great SCP server with my wired PS3 pad on Windows 7 for a long time.
However, one day, it stopped workign properly.
Since that day my PS3 pad keeps disconnecting, and reconnecting randomly.
It does not happen all the time, but quite frequently, at any moment it can happen.

I think I tried everything:

- Switch to SCP toolkit last version
- Install and uninstall countless times
- Reswitch on SCP server, then go back on SCP Toolkit.
- Change USB port.
- Change USB cable many times
- Change PS3 pad
- Choose in the USB proprieties to not allow the PC to disable the USB device in order not to sue too much power

I don't have problems with my other USB divices (Mouse/ keyboard and Xbox pad working great).
My Xbox pad gets disconnected when it vibrates though, but only when it is connected on the front USB ports, so I guess this is a problem of power consumption on the front ports.
I switched it on the regular USB port and no issues.
I doubt this is linked to the problems I have with SCP Toolkit for my PS3 pad.
Of course my PS3 pad is connected on the regular USB port, not on the front ports.

I think it's been a year now, and I can't bear it any more...
What am I doing wrong, what's happening please ?

Should I give up with this ?
Is there another software than SCP toolkit/server that might work ?

Should I change my OS and go on Windows 10 ?

Please HELP !

Sponsored links

This is an awesome tool and I got everything setup and working just fine however I decided to purchased a secondary DS3 just for use on my PS3 however upon turning the controller on it automatically pairs itself with ScpToolKit. Is there a way to just have one controller paired with ScpToolKit and one paired with my PS3? Sorry if this has been asked before.
Hi.

I just created an account to post here to inform those that aren't aware yet, that it seems that the Windows 10 Creator's Update breaks the drivers in the ScpToolkit.
For a couple weeks now, lot's of users have been opening issues in the scptoolkit github about controllers no longer connecting.
Nefarius hasn't been active there in a long while, don't know if he's busy or not.

The project seems to be open source, so if somebody knows how to solve this please do.

Here's the issue page in the github, read up and give your feedback.

https://github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit/issues
Weird it seems to work for me on the creator's update at least I don't seem to have any problems. I do wish someone could answer my question though :/
It would be nice if https://github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit/issues/661 was fixed.
I'm a new user trying to pair the controller to the laptop via bluetooth.
I tried using SCPserver as well as the ScpToolkit. While using Scpserver the bluetooth drivers are not installed and when I use the ScpToolkit, it updates the bluetooth drivers disappear. However, the device manager shows my bluetooth drivers to be installed as a USB device. I'll provide all the logs and anything else that is required. Please point me to the right direction.
Wow... another POS that works briefly and no one gives a crap to provide a permanent solution to. 

Followed the instructions word for word to get my PS3 controller to work with my laptop...worked for... 5 minutes, disconnected, hasn't worked since.  So...yeah...I know it's a crazy concept, but the developers need to learn consistency, otherwise they'll just be the next POS like 90% of things on the market today.  Hell, they have my permission to use this as they're slogan:  "Guaranteed to work...for 5 minutes."
(09-07-2017, 08:58 PM)lexspire Wrote: Wow... another POS that works briefly and no one gives a crap to provide a permanent solution to. 

Followed the instructions word for word to get my PS3 controller to work with my laptop...worked for... 5 minutes, disconnected, hasn't worked since.  So...yeah...I know it's a crazy concept, but the developers need to learn consistency, otherwise they'll just be the next POS like 90% of things on the market today.  Hell, they have my permission to use this as they're slogan:  "Guaranteed to work...for 5 minutes."

what you could have done instead fo whining like a baby is trying to look for further info.
Nefarius stopped supporting this "POS" as you call it to concentrate on fireshock.
Try harder kiddo.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Alright, folks. Had a huge failure today with SCPToolkit *and* Fireshock. Posting this in both forums with the hopes of someone being able to help me out.

First note: I am using Windows 7 on a 64-bit installation.

Second note: I had a problem with launching Steam today - I discovered it was because of my antivirus software, BitDefender 2018. They released an update that I just installed, and its new default settings prevented Steam from opening. Everytime I would launch it, I would get a Windows error that a particular subclient of the Steam program had stopped working.

Here is where my problems with SCP and Fireshock come in.

I realized I was having an SCP failure - I'm not sure if this was started around the same time I had Steam problems, but I assume it was. The error was:
"The program can't start because the D3DCOMPILER_47.dll is missing from your computer." This same error would pop up with every SCP executible - TrayApp.Exe, ScpUpdater.exe, and ScpCleanWipe.exe, everything. Finding that DLL and placing it in the SCP folder didn't work.

So, I go to Control Panel, Programs and Features, and use the Windows unisntaller to remove SCP Toolkit. Reinstalling it afterwards continues to give the same errors.

Then I install Fireshock. Initially, Fireshock works like a dream! No fluff, no problems, great! But, all of my game settings were set up based on SCP having my Dualshock emulate a 360 controller, and I didn't want to have to manually rebind everything... so I went and installed the 64-bit version of x360ce and the ViGEm Bus DriverViGEm User-Mode Library, and the ViGEm User-Mode Assembly. Then I encountered two problems:
#1) It still wasn't letting me emulate a 360 controller - maybe this is just because I was using x360ce incorrectly, the program is kind of confusing, but it wasn't working.

#2) More importantly, some form of audio degradation was introduced on my computer. After running a program with sound for 5 minutes - video games, an mp3, whatever - small bits of distortion would periodically effect the audio coming from whatever program. After ten minutes, sounds would become so garbled they would be incredibly obnoxious to listen to and not at all sound as intended. This problem persisted through multiple restarts. After using Control Panel/Programs and Features to uninstall Fireshock, this distortion problem stopped, which means Fireshock was somehow causing these distortion problems.

So, I'm looking for next steps and advice.

#1) Is there a way for me to get SCP Toolkit working again?

#2) Is there a way to find and solve this Fireshock audio distortion problem?
#2b) Assuming the above can be done, is it possible to have Fireshock emulate a 360 controller as the SCP Toolkit did? This is not a necessary item but it would be great if I could get it done.

I'm happy to answer any questions if it assists in troubleshooting. Thanks in advance for the help.
Not going to lie... Sounds like you have some serious OS corruption going on and should probably reinstall your OS.. But moving forward.
Try these in order:
Uninstall SCP and FireShock, all visual C++ Runtimes, XBox 360 controller driver, and any DirectX runtimes.
Reboot
update your graphics driver
Reboot
Reinstall DirectX runtimes: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...aspx?id=35
Reinstall Visual C++ runtimes; a few listed below should be all you need for PCSX2 and SCP
2015: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=48145
2013: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=40784
2010: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download...px?id=5555
Reinstall Xbox 360 controller driver
attempt to reinstall SCP or FireShock
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64