Screen Flickering (Linux/PCSX2 0.9.4 Watermoose)
I just got everything pretty much setup in order to play the pcsx2, and I started by loading my bios to make sure if everything was in working order. Before I get started, I will explain my setup. I also downloaded the debian package from softpedia::

Linux Mint 5 Elyssa (Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy)
AMD Athlon X2 4600+ (2 cpus) running at 2.4 ghz each
Radeon x1950xtx 512 mb video card
2 Gb Ram

Settings in Linux::

Standard plugins including:: ZeroGS KOSMOS OpenGl 0.96.7, Zeropad 0.1.0, DEV9null Driver 0.3.0, USBnull Driver 0.5.0, P.E.Op.S. SPU2 1.9.0 CDVDnull Driver 0.6.0, Fwnull Driver 0.4.0
Bilinearing Filtering is off in order to increase FPS

Bios loads up fine, however, the window keeps flashing between my Linux's GUI and itself, instead of maintaining a consistant window. Does anyone know what may cause this?

Sponsored links

Flashing? Never see it, usualy there is shaking with incorrect interlacing. But it's not impossible, of course. Drivers or incorrect build could made this. Hard to tell, really. Try playground build -- it's more recent.
I'm using Playground now but the screen still flickers. Its kind of like, if I had the emulator over this message, the window of pcsx2 when i have it loaded on zerogs looking at my BIOS, I could see the text, or whatever the window was over, as it flickers rapidly every second. If I stared at it long enough, i'd probably seize >.>
Try some game, maybe this issue wouldn't be there.
even when i run one of my games, it still flickers as well as white patches
So easy solutions is off. Harder one is to upgrade drivers. Do you use free or proprietary one? KDE or Gnome?
I've uninstalled proprietary drives for ATI and installed EnvyNG drivers but those resulted in no improvements and only further pain. Currently i'm using the proprietary ati acceleration drivers via hardware drivers. I use XFCE, Linux Mint 5 Elyssa (Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy)
which gpu plugin are you using? Rolleyes
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
ZeroGS Cosmos. I know a better way to describe it. You know how when you generally run it, it runs in a window with a border, right? When i start it up, whether in bios or in game, there is no window/border. Just a square where the video appears in, and it flashes between that and the desktop behind it repeatedly.
(01-22-2009, 12:27 AM)SoSKyon Wrote: it flashes between that and the desktop behind it repeatedly.

... Blink
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja