Screen goes black and sound cuts off during gameplay in Persona 4
(01-14-2013, 06:59 AM)JobeStroud Wrote: instead of just jumping to a driver problem.
We have only 1 problem on ATI cards . If you don't believe me ,install one and you can see it for yourself ?Happy

Sponsored links

(01-14-2013, 06:59 AM)JobeStroud Wrote: Since no one has asked. have you tried running another game in PCSX2 to see if your computer crashes? instead of just jumping to a driver problem. How about just a pc game while turning everything to max?

The answer to your question can be found in the original post, but I'll answer again.

Yes, I have played numerous games on their highest settings for hours on end. Far Cry 3, Hitman: Absolution, Dead Space, you name it. No issues whatsoever.

Also, I've played Resident Evil 4 straight off the disc with no issues either. It's an odd and isolated problem.
I think best idea to wait till topic starter can try all possible ways to fix this issue.Or perhaps PCSX2 developers can help better Smile
[Image: tumblr_lthdgamxcj1r0z30xo1_500.jpg]

Are you sure Shadow Yukiko isn't screwing with your emulator?

The first thing I think of is "BAD RIP!".
I sure hope you're using a .iso made by yourself, and not one you downloaded illegally online. That's a big no-no on here.

It's extremely common that bad .iso rips cause problems on emulators, and the solution is to re-rip the .iso, possibly with a slower speed, and verify the sectors.

Also, we have a lovely assortment of widescreen hacks, one of them being this game.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...#pid271674
AMD Graphic cards aren't the problem here. I'm using AMD GFX Cards for god knows how long and PCSX2 never gave me any issues besides my old dual-core to be to slow. Drivers can indeed give issues though since it is wellknown that the catalyst drivers are known for their bugs (Not that I have had them) Smile
Try installing this (even if it says it is installed already, do a repair install): http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html

Although what you describe does sound like a graphics driver crash. Try running the game in a GSdx software renderer and see what happens then
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-14-2013, 02:25 PM)devina40 Wrote: The first thing I think of is "BAD RIP!".
I sure hope you're using a .iso made by yourself, and not one you downloaded illegally online. That's a big no-no on here.

You know, I think that might just be the issue. Memtest ran clean, and no issues popped up on the System Log. I think that whatever caused the OS to crash is related to the emulator not being able to handle some screw-up in the .iso rip. I'll go ahead and buy myself a hard-copy of Persona 4 as soon as possible and give it a try then.

Also, will using the memory card created for this .iso work with the hard copy as well? Just curious, as I don't want to lose over three hours of progress.
Yeah it will work fine
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-14-2013, 11:38 PM)Pr0jectZer0 Wrote: You know, I think that might just be the issue. Memtest ran clean, and no issues popped up on the System Log. I think that whatever caused the OS to crash is related to the emulator not being able to handle some screw-up in the .iso rip. I'll go ahead and buy myself a hard-copy of Persona 4 as soon as possible and give it a try then.

Also, will using the memory card created for this .iso work with the hard copy as well? Just curious, as I don't want to lose over three hours of progress.

Be warned that piracy isn't tolerated beary well on this forum, but since you say you're going to purchase the game, I'll let it slide. It's worth the money.

It doesn't matter if it's an .iso or DVD, saves on virtual memory cards will be the same.

I do not recommend playing from the DVD, mainly because it's inconvenient, I don't want scratches, and prefer faster load times. It's simply unbearable.
Get ImgBurn and choose "create image file from disc". Don't rip it at a speed too high, and make sure "verify sectors" is checked. This will ensure a clean-rip of it.

If you're scared of losing progress, SAVE SAVE SAVE.
There are save points everywhere: Dojima residence, shopping district, classroom, TV world entrance, and at the top of each dungeon. You also have save states at your aid.

Get into the habit of making save states every now and then (it's nice to abuse during classe questions, during boss battles, and to see how your dialogue choices affect conversations).
You can also press F4 to disable the framelimiter, and hold the Triangle button to fast forward dialogue to get through the three hour beginning faster.
(01-15-2013, 12:09 AM)devina40 Wrote: Get ImgBurn and choose "create image file from disc". Don't rip it at a speed too high, and make sure "verify sectors" is checked. This will ensure a clean-rip of it.

Usually I just insert the DVD and rip, but I'll make sure to do this on my next rip, hehe. Ninja

(01-15-2013, 12:09 AM)devina40 Wrote: Get into the habit of making save states every now and then (it's nice to abuse during classe questions, during boss battles, and to see how your dialogue choices affect conversations).

Been doing this all the time. Isn't this called CHEATING? Tongue