Screen tearing since newest PCSX2 dev builds
Hello dear PCSX2-Team,

as the title says, there is a strange issue on the newest PCSX2 dev builds. Since i am sure that this report does not count as a bug report, i report it here to General Discussion and Support (Windows). I noticed this issue when i connected my laptop to my TV using an HDMI cable and started any game. But the laptop, laptop settings, PCSX2 settings, TV, TV settings and HDMI cable have not changed. I have never seen screen tearing on my TV when i connected my laptop to the TV and play a game with PCSX2 (not even with the older PCSX2 dev builds). I have tested twice the last working and first affected PCSX2 dev versions to be absolutely sure that this problem occurred at these. Now my question: Is this current result intentional, or is it an issue? You can still set the V-Sync setting to Standard in the PCSX2 settings to fix it, but before that there was no screen tearing even without V-Sync enabled. I have heard that enabled V-Sync can cause speed problems.

First affected PCSX2-Version: v1.7.2187 and above
Last working PCSX2-Version: v1.7.2186 and below

Thank you in advance for your answers. Laugh

Sponsored links

It looks like in full screen mode at least, that it's disabling the windows DWM now, which is a good thing for input lag, but unless you have a Variable Refresh Rate monitor (Freesync/GSync) then it will tear, so you will need to enable vsync in the options.

tbh that's how things *should* be, but we've been stuck with not having any option for years.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I see. And is V-Sync currently still a major speed issue for PCSX2, or can i enable this setting „almost“ without problems? That should have been my last question on this thread. Smile
well enabling VSync shouldn't be much different to previous behaviour, maybe except a limit to the framerate based on your refresh rate (when fast forwarding)

if that's not the case, we need to know what's wrong so we can look in to it.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I really thank you very much for these quick answers. If anything catches my eye, i will try to get back to the forum, maybe in a extra thread.
Your work is still wonderful, everything is getting better and better. Respect to you ALL. Smile
(01-03-2022, 10:51 PM)refraction Wrote: It looks like in full screen mode at least, that it's disabling the windows DWM now, which is a good thing for input lag, but unless you have a Variable Refresh Rate monitor (Freesync/GSync) then it will tear, so you will need to enable vsync in the options.

tbh that's how things *should* be, but we've been stuck with not having any option for years.

Do you mean "Wait for vsync on refresh" setting? I tried both Adaptive and Standard but the tearing doesn't go away.