Selecting BIOS for execution
I have a legal BIOS that I want to use...

but when I select the bios directory, I can't get to the actual file because the emulator is just thinking that the bios folder is the actual bios file which it isn't.

In other words, can someone help me get the BIOS working with the emulator because the guide only talks about legality of BIOS.

Sponsored links

I can't understand what you mean.
Just go to Config=>Configure=>Set Bios Directory=>choose the directory=>click ok and the file will be selected automatically
dont you just put the bios file(s) in the folder and it should work?
(10-04-2009, 09:59 PM)smelly22 Wrote: dont you just put the bios file(s) in the folder and it should work?

Well yes but for some reason sometimes I have to set the bios and plugins directory
Okay if the file is supposed to be selected automatically there is a bug because the drop down doesn't show any BIOS that I put in the folder
so u have put ur bios file in the folder and set that as the bios directory?
You just have to select the folder where the bios is, it'll read the bios that might be there but if it's still not reading it there might be something wrong. What's the name and extension of your bios file?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(10-04-2009, 10:03 PM)Focksie Wrote: Okay if the file is supposed to be selected automatically there is a bug because the drop down doesn't show any BIOS that I put in the folder

Do you have BIN or P2B file
Heres what I've done,

I put my BIOS file (scph39001.NVM) into this path C:\\, program files, pcsx2, bios

then when I boot pcsx2, and configure the BIOS directory to go to the BIOS folder, it doesn't seem to select it since it give me the same error message that a BIOS needs to be installed.
The NVM file is just one piece of the BIOS, and a piece you don't actually need (PCSX2 will create one for you if it's missing).
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team