September 2015 progress report
(01-04-2016, 05:11 PM)Devina Wrote: Because I've wanted Pokopom becoming a plugin and I want some of the PCSX2 art changed, and I don't want 1.4.0 releasing until these things are done. And yes, the widescreen archive could use a little cleanup first.

We also need to update the AppIcon16, AppIcon32, and AppIcon64 to the current logo because honestly, this thing is already outdated:

I don't quite get why the delay though. Are you actively working on the graphics or the plugin and it prevents you from cleaning up the widescreen archive? Or do you delay the widescreen archive cleanup for the sole reason that you don't want the next release happen "accidentally" without new graphics and plugin?

Sponsored links

(01-04-2016, 05:20 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I already mentioned updating the art, some were for, some against. IDK what we will do, but we got some good stuff in the thread i made.
We should make a group vote then.

https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/tree/mast.../Resources

Anyway, I made some new AppIcons using the current logo. Everyone tell me your thoughts!

16:

[Image: MUBkQIc.png]

32:

[Image: II6Pc0m.png]

64:

[Image: nmk90hZ.png]

(01-04-2016, 05:29 PM)avih Wrote: I don't quite get why the delay though. Are you actively working on the graphics or the plugin and it prevents you from cleaning up the widescreen archive? Or do you delay the widescreen archive cleanup for the sole reason that you don't want the next release happen "accidentally" without new graphics and plugin?

The latter.
With all respect to your work with wide screen patches and artwork, you are not a team member and you don't get to decide when or how we release PCSX2, even more give ultimatums like the above. Please update the archive so we can include it in the release, or we'll just release it with the old ones.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-04-2016, 05:11 PM)Devina Wrote: Because I've wanted Pokopom becoming a plugin and I want some of the PCSX2 art changed, and I don't want 1.4.0 releasing until these things are done. And yes, the widescreen archive could use a little cleanup first.

Wait, is that supposed to be a ransom with the widescreen archive? Cause that would be hilarious.

Anyway, if the art is to be changed, it should be to something better, or at least equal in quality, and nothing yet is coming even close.
I disagree, I think what he posted looks great(and so does ref, he's the one that gave Ryudo guidelines). It may need a bit more work, but it's getting there.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(01-04-2016, 05:51 PM)Bositman Wrote: With all respect to your work with wide screen patches and artwork, you are not a team member and you don't get to decide when or how we release PCSX2, even more give ultimatums like the above. Please update the archive so we can include it in the release, or we'll just release it with the old ones.

It's still a mean move not to do this for me, after all I've done for the team.
I've put HOURS and HOURS into the widescreen patches, ensuring they're all of great quality.

I'm not trying to make it an "ultimatum" or a "ransom".
I've been wanting this for years, but my requests have never been properly addressed or put into practice.

Seriously, *what* is the issue with adding Pokopom to the plugins and updating some of the art?
All Pokopom does is make it Xinput from the get-go (all serious PC gamers who use controllers use Xinput).

Much of the art hasn't been updated since 200X, and is associated with older builds. There is no consistency in PCSX2's logos and art (except maybe the color blue - the graphic design is all over the place), and it makes it problematic because we don't have a recognizable and identifiable logo like Dolphin does:

[Image: -fvrqyFqKkXAzR8URCk-3lOMrtWuvvsEVodiSdZq...1hHao=w300]
What is PCSX2's logo? Is it this?

[Image: nmk90hZ.png]

Or this?

[Image: pcsx2logo.png]

Or these triangles?

[Image: iKguV2m.png]

Or is it KOS-MOS, who is featured on a banner for the PCSX2 YouTube channel?

[Image: 251?cb=20150417231435]
We get enough flack from r/emulation as it is, and they essentially mock us for calling PCSX2 outdated and a "pain in the ass to set up", so I'm just trying to make things more streamlined and noob-friendly.

https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/
@Blyss
Ryudo's work is good as a wallpaper, a small window like that loses all the details and looks bland, but that's subjective I guess.
Devina, that's not how we do things here. You know as much as anyone that updates happen when someone puts the time and effort to create them, and then we take them if we think it's a good update which is worth taking.

I don't think anyone was/is particularly against new graphics or input plugin, but this is work which someone has to do first (and package, and update the documentation, and other things), and with as much appreciation which I and many others have for your management of the WS archive, this is completely unrelated to those subjects and you should really not make your requests a condition for that.

Please reconsider. Strongly.
(01-04-2016, 06:11 PM)avih Wrote: Devina, that's not how we do things here. You know as much as anyone that updates happen when someone puts the time and effort to create them, and then we take them if we think it's a good update which is worth taking.

I don't think anyone was/is particularly against new graphics or input plugin, but this is work which someone has to do first (and package, and update the documentation, and other things), and with as much appreciation which I and many others have for your management of the WS archive, this is completely unrelated to those subjects and you should really not make your requests a condition for that.

Please reconsider. Strongly.

But I'm not the only one who thinks my way. There are others who would prefer a more streamlined, noob-friendly, recognizable approach to the emulator, and want Xinput ready from the get-go.

Why can't this be more of a democracy? It seems unfair that only a select few get to decide everything.

Also, don't give me that "it takes so much work and effort" nonsense. ALL you have to do is add a plugin to the repository, and replace what, a mere 4 .png files on Github?

What I think is actually more insulting is turning down a fellow forum member's requests. I feel like no one is taking me seriously, no one values my advice, and I'm just being "used". It almost feels like you're saying, "Give us your widescreen patches, shut up, get out and leave - your suggestions are worthless". Closedeyes

Also, this thread isn't just about the widescreen patches, it's also discussing preparation for 1.4.0., so I DO feel that talking about this is relevant.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-September...#pid500286

Post 18 was all about 1.4.0.
(01-04-2016, 06:04 PM)K.F Wrote: @Blyss
Ryudo's work is good as a wallpaper, a small window like that loses all the details and looks bland, but that's subjective I guess.

Yeah. That's why I said it needed some more work for that. But it's on the right track IMO.

Devina - I don't think Bosit meant to come across as harshly as he did. He is right though - you shouldn't make demands(no one should,even team members IMO. That's why it's a team). If that wasn't your intention then you unfortunately came across that way. I know Bosit appreciates your work as much as any of us - he is in the thread, makes request, and is very appreciative. Everyone appreciates it - as I said, I think it's one of the best things about PCSX2. There is still a process though, and everyone has to follow it. If you want those things done then make a Github account and PR it. That's just the way things work. You said it wasn't much work yourself.

Everyone needs to take a deep breath, I don't want to see this go badly.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD