September 2015 progress report
(01-04-2016, 06:51 PM)K.F Wrote: Really? You want to add an input plugin that can't take input from custom and Dinput pads, mouse, or even the keyboard? I though PCSX2 needed to lose needless stuff, not add to it.

Pokopom IS a controller plugin, meant for Xinput... you know... the FUTURE of controller gaming.
The thing which ALL modern PC games have.

Gamers shouldn't have to spend 5 minutes binding their controller, or fiddling with Lilypad ports.

Also, anyone who seriously uses a mouse and keyboard for PCSX2 is silly. PS2 games are meant for a controller (DualShock 2).

(01-04-2016, 06:52 PM)willkuer Wrote: Would it be ok for you if I open the issue?
I never used pokopom but at least this could start the discussion in a clean way instead of derailing this thread.
If you want you can later join on github (as it is like a forum) or keep away. As you like.

Can we get some peace here?

I also suggest opening the "issue".

And don't get me wrong, I'm not mad or anything. Just a little "agitated" at Bositman and Avih (that "Devina, you're not a team member" still stings). No hard feelings, tho.

Sponsored links

(01-04-2016, 06:55 PM)Devina Wrote: Pokopom IS a controller plugin, meant for Xinput... you know... the FUTURE of controller gaming.
The thing which ALL modern PC games have.

Gamers shouldn't have to spend 5 minutes binding their controller, or fiddling with Lilypad ports.

Also, anyone who seriously uses a mouse and keyboard for PCSX2 is silly.

I also suggest opening the "issue".

And don't get me wrong, I'm not mad or anything. Just a little "agitated" at Bositman and Avih. No hard feelings, tho.

You might be interested to know that one of the features going in 1.4.0 is Xinput autoconfig for lilypad. As in, any xinput pad will be set up automatically.

Anyway, I suggest once this issue is opened that this discussion be split off from this thread since it's not relevant to this old progress report.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(01-04-2016, 02:31 PM)avih Wrote: We can never be late. It might be later than what we hoped, but ultimately we should release when we're ready, even if it's few days, or weeks later. We're not gonna release it "for xmas" or some other hard deadline anyway.
I do think that a deadline must be set one time or another otherwise release will never happen (see Debian history). A long freeze is painful, because I can't merge all contributor work. Techinically I could but most people use and test the master branch.

(01-04-2016, 06:21 PM)Devina Wrote: But I'm not the only one who thinks my way. There are others who would prefer a more streamlined, noob-friendly, recognizable approach to the emulator, and want Xinput ready from the get-go.

Why can't this be more of a democracy? It seems unfair that only a select few get to decide everything.

Also, don't give me that "it takes so much work and effort" nonsense. ALL you have to do is add a plugin to the repository, and replace what, a mere 4 .png files on Github?

What I think is actually more insulting is turning down a fellow forum member's requests. I feel like no one is taking me seriously, no one values my advice, and I'm just being "used". It almost feels like you're saying, "Give us your widescreen patches, shut up, get out and leave - your suggestions are worthless". Closedeyes

Also, this thread isn't just about the widescreen patches, it's also discussing preparation for 1.4.0., so I DO feel that talking about this is relevant.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-September...#pid500286

Post 18 was all about 1.4.0.

The thing is that every users (and I do mean *every* users) want some features in this release. Some want new GUI, some want new way to handle the option, new game fixes, new uber shader... Every times there is a change (even ultra minor change), it always brings with it additional issues. I'm sorry but the database must be frozen one day. We said in last new that we had worked hard to release at end of 2015. Your proposition can still be integrated in 1.6, and hopefully 1.6 will happen soon enough. It's been a while since I plan to release this 1.4 Sad
(01-04-2016, 07:02 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: You might be interested to know that one of the features going in 1.4.0 is Xinput autoconfig for lilypad. As in, any xinput pad will be set up automatically.

Anyway, I suggest once this issue is opened that this discussion be split off from this thread since it's not relevant to this old progress report.

Unless Xinput autoconfig is actually implemented correctly and properly in Lilypad, and a "swap X and O" button feature is added, it's not a valid reason to give up Pokopom.

Sure, Lilypad is in "progress", but it's meaningless if it's never actually finished. Pokopom, however, is actually essentially finished and working.

And yeah, anyone feel free to make a "1.4.0 preparation" topic.

(01-04-2016, 07:02 PM)gregory Wrote: Some want new GUI, some want new way to handle the option, new game fixes, new uber shader... Every times there is a change (even ultra minor change), it always brings with it additional issues. I'm sorry but the database must be frozen one day. We said in last new that we had worked hard to release at end of 2015. Your proposition can still be integrated in 1.6, and hopefully 1.6 will happen soon enough. It's been a while since I plan to release this 1.4 Sad

It doesn't hurt to release 1.4.0. a month or two late, just to get stuff done and ensure we've done all we can.

I also don't see how changing some .png files and adding an optional input plugin will bring "issues".
(01-04-2016, 07:11 PM)Devina Wrote: Unless Xinput autoconfig is actually implemented correctly and properly in Lilypad, and a "swap X and O" button feature is added, it's not a valid reason to give up Pokopom.

Sure, Lilypad is in "progress", but it's meaningless if it's never actually finished. Pokopom, however, is actually essentially finished and working.

And yeah, anyone feel free to make a "1.4.0 preparation" topic.

It doesn't hurt to release 1.4.0. a month or two late, just to get stuff done and ensure we've done all we can.

I also don't see how changing some .png files and adding an optional input plugin will bring "issues".

No I didn't mean it as a reason to not do the other, I just thought I'd mention it. KrossX already made a PR for the lilypad xinput autoconfig and it may even be merged.

As for the other - we promised users we'd release it at the end of the year, and we are late. You already mentioned how much flak we get from people so yeah, late is bad. Anyway, even if it's not in the main 1.4.0 that won't mean it won't be in soon after. Many users use GIT builds after all.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
The main "1.4.0." is something we should still prepare for as most as possible, since it will have mass distribution.

Someone please make a "1.4.0. preparation" topic already.
(01-04-2016, 07:17 PM)Devina Wrote: Someone please make a "1.4.0. preparation" topic already.

At github or here?

I would focus on the images. This can be done easily and after a poll could be merged.
(01-04-2016, 07:17 PM)Devina Wrote: The main "1.4.0." is something we should still prepare for as most as possible, since it will have mass distribution.

There has already been a topic about that for months. In a private forum.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-04-2016, 06:55 PM)Devina Wrote: And don't get me wrong, I'm not mad or anything. Just a little "agitated" at Bositman and Avih (that "Devina, you're not a team member" still stings). No hard feelings, tho.

I believe they didn't mean it as an insult, but simply told you that you aren't one of the people who involve in the decision-making process. Anyway, including another PAD plugin and changing images seem very simple. It just needs a little bit of discussion.
(01-04-2016, 06:55 PM)Devina Wrote: Gamers shouldn't have to spend 5 minutes binding their controller, or fiddling with Lilypad ports.
Honestly, 5 minutes by years is nothing. In the meantimes, you have linux gamers that are still waiting the new shiny GS plugins that will make a tons of game playable on linux. So everyone has differents priorities. And you can still the plugin with the build bot (after the merge of the PR).

(01-04-2016, 07:17 PM)Devina Wrote: The main "1.4.0." is something we should still prepare for as most as possible, since it will have mass distribution.

I'm sorry but the "as most as possible" part ended a couple of days/weeks ago. A lots of people work hard and countless hours to allow this future release.