September 2015 progress report
(01-04-2016, 07:23 PM)willkuer Wrote: At github or here?

I would focus on the images. This can be done easily and after a poll could be merged.

We have a pretty awesome forum, so let's make it here.
Everyone who has a Github account SHOULD have a PCSX2 forum account.

(01-04-2016, 07:24 PM)Bositman Wrote: There has already been a topic about that for months. In a private forum.

Then let's make a public version.

Sponsored links

(01-04-2016, 07:32 PM)Devina Wrote: We have a pretty awesome forum, so let's make it here.
Everyone who has a Github account SHOULD have a PCSX2 forum account.

Bositman: "There has already been a topic about that for months. In a private forum."

Then let's make a public version.

How about no? Because you remembered today that you NEED a new pad plugin and new artwork? As gregory said, thousands of hours of many more people are being delayed by you acting like a 5 year old kid that wants its cake and keeps screaming until someone gives it to him.

This discussion is done, if the development team decides to include a new plugin or not will not be judged by you. Obviously the artwork at this point in time is out of the question. I'm closing this and we are getting back to schedule with our release, which should be done soon.
[Image: newsig.jpg]

(01-04-2016, 06:01 PM)Devina Wrote: All Pokopom does is make it Xinput from the get-go (all serious PC gamers who use controllers use Xinput).
(01-04-2016, 06:55 PM)Devina Wrote: Pokopom IS a controller plugin, meant for Xinput... you know... the FUTURE of controller gaming..

Can't we move all this drama on the IRC channel?
(01-04-2016, 07:37 PM)Bositman Wrote: How about no? Because you remembered today that you NEED a new pad plugin and new artwork? As gregory said, thousands of hours of many more people are being delayed by you acting like a 5 year old kid that wants its cake and keeps screaming until someone gives it to him.

This discussion is done, if the development team decides to include a new plugin or not will not be judged by you. Obviously the artwork at this point in time is out of the question. I'm closing this and we are getting back to schedule with our release, which should be done soon.

I didn't JUST "remember". In fact, I already talked to you about the art thing YEARS ago.

People can deal with it, and I'm not "screaming", I'm trying to be polite and make 1.4.0 as best as possible.

You're technically acting like a power-abusive admin dictator here. EVERYONE should have a say and valued opinion on what goes into 1.4.0. And no, I don't see how the art is out of the question. We can literally decide on it in a day.
(01-04-2016, 07:45 PM)Devina Wrote: I didn't JUST "remember". In fact, I already talked to you about the art thing YEARS ago.

People can deal with it, and I'm not "screaming", I'm trying to be polite and make 1.4.0 as best as possible.

You're technically acting like a power-abusive admin dictator here. EVERYONE should have a say and valued opinion on what goes into 1.4.0. And no, I don't see how the art is out of the question. We can literally decide on it in a day.

The thing is we already have a release candidate up. We are testing for bugs now.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Well have fun trying to release something with 400 people suggesting what will be in or out. Someone HAS to make the decision, there is no way to take into account everyone while simultaneously trying to make deadlines AND have a product that is stable and tested. This should have been closed in my last reply Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I added Devina's WS archive from yesterday (2016-01-03) here.

@Devina, please let me know if you do some cleanups, and if there's still time then we'll add that update for the release. Otherwise, the current update will make it into the release. Thanks.

Also, let's not make this thread a flamewar please. I'm reopening it but we'll close it again if it becomes useless.
I'm sorry, but after some of the behavior exhibited in this thread, especially directed at me, I don't exactly feel motivated to do widescreen archive cleanup. I'll only reconsider if you seriously take my suggestions.

I hope you enjoy releasing a rushed, pre-mature 1.4.0 without me.
Just wanted to add that lilypad does in fact autoconfigure for xinput now. Install emu, place bios file, load game, pick up pad and play.

Edit: Devina:
Can you please wait for 1.4.1 to include your new changes? It's far after the feature freeze now. People are testing for over a week now.
(01-04-2016, 08:33 PM)rama Wrote: Just wanted to add that lilypad does in fact autoconfigure for xinput now. Install emu, place bios file, load game, pick up pad and play.

Link please so I can download and test it for myself?