Setting up PCSX2 (windows) via Wine
Star 
Hey everybody,

So, I discovered today that people have been having success with the latest windows version of PCSX2 by installing with Wine on their Macs. I was fortunate to have a successful install - everything is running smoothly as far as opening PCSX2 and configuring plugins, bios etc.

However, when I go to run one of my isos, nothing happens. I load the iso using the iso selector, then System>Boot CDVD (full) or (fast), and i get a white box.

I'm using ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.97.1 plugin. Here are my Mac specs:

iMac Intel Core Duo
2 GHz Processor
2 GB Memory
ATI Radeon X1600

Let me know if you need any other info. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks! Unsure

Sponsored links

Wine is a directx emulator, right ?
Then use gsdx instead of zerogs
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-17-2013, 10:18 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Wine is a directx emulator, right ?
Then use gsdx instead of zerogs

I guess that brings up the only other problem I've noticed. The report window to the side shows an error with all gsdx plugins. I'm able to select one but when I try to configure, I get a runtime error and wine gives me the option to debug or shutdown.

I picked zerogs because I saw someone's vid on YouTube and they used that for gs. I'm honestly just not sure what the best settings and plugins are for using the windows version on a Mac via wineskin. People seem to have success, but no one is posting settings. I know it's case by case, but it would be good to know the general basics for this type of setup.
no idea, then...
Bootcamp remains the best solution Wink
I really don't want to jack with Bootcamp, especially when I'm seeing success with wineskin on other people's Macs. Please, if anyone has successfully run isos with the windows version of pcsx2 on a Mac using Wine, I would love some tips! Thanks!
(01-17-2013, 04:58 PM)jesalvein Wrote: no idea, then...
Bootcamp remains the best solution Wink

I hate to say it, but it looks like you're right. Sad Unless anyone knows of a graphics plugin that doesn't use DirectX, the windows version just isn't playable on a Mac without actually using Windows via Bootcamp or Parallels.

I can't figure out how others have successfully done this with Wine alone, unless there is a plugin that doesn't require DirectX. But alas...I cannot find one.
zzogl-pg doesn't use directx.
but it's far less efficient that gsdx in any way...
(01-19-2013, 04:51 PM)jesalvein Wrote: zzogl-pg doesn't use directx.
but it's far less efficient that gsdx in any way...

Isn't ZZOglPG a Mac port of ZeroGS? I can't find a dll file of ZZOglPG anywhere. PCSX2 (windows) doesn't recognize Unix Executable files. If I'm missing it somewhere, i'd love a link!

I also can't find anything but "KOSMOS" versions of ZeroGS, which require DirectX. Not sure if pre KOSMOS versions do or not.
Solution!! Apparently the issue was with the audio plugin not the ZeroGS. Once I disabled audio the game worked - however its lagging at around 25-30fps during actual gameplay. Now for hours of messing with settings. Smile
Not much you can do about this with such a weak cpu.
Maybe an overclock would be a good idea...