Settings Questions
(12-28-2017, 08:07 PM)X_Grave_X Wrote: overlocking means excessive thermal cooling and throttling, he needs a good cooling system to accomplish that, giving the fact that we don't every and each spec in his pc, we can't just randomly recommend it cz it needs some work in the bios and if he got some cpu problems or failed overclocking then of course we will be blamed for such blind recommendation...his core is quite powerful than mine and i'm getting some decent gameplay on my pc.hardware isn't the issue, it's either drivers,settings or configurations that needs to be adjusted (sw prob)

Well that's all up to the user. If they want to overclock they can. We're not responsible for any damages caused by stupidity.

Sponsored links

(12-28-2017, 08:22 PM)CK1 Wrote: Well that's all up to the user. If they want to overclock they can. We're not responsible for any damages caused by stupidity.

I'd rather not overlock, sounds too dangerous.
Is there no other setting that may help?
You'll just have to get a better CPU then.
(12-28-2017, 10:36 PM)CK1 Wrote: You'll just have to get a better CPU then.

But I just got it from my uncle when he upgraded:-(
Oh, well, thank you for all the help, guys! :-)
With the new knowledge you guys gave me of the settings, I played around with it to see if something works.
In 1.4.0 you guys suggested i increase the ee cycle rate and the vu cycle stealing, and it successfully removed most of the lags. However, in 1.5.0 it did not work.
I put ee on -3 and vu on 0, and that removed most of the lag.
I noted that the lagging starts when there is a lot of enemies on screen. what setting can i tune to try and remove the last bit of lagging?
No, don't underclock the Emotion engine or Ratchet and Clank 3 will hang at the Aquatos and the Hoverships levels, you can try to put vu cycle stealing to +1 and overclock the Emotion engine to +1, this reduce the cpu load without compromising too mush the game speed.
But for Ratchet and Clank 2 there is no solution, if you do the same thing, the game will also hang at some electrolyser puzzles and in the Dobbo level, it is the most pickiest Ratchet game to run.
(12-29-2017, 12:24 AM)Atomic83 Wrote: No, don't underclock the Emotion engine or Ratchet and Clank 3 will hang at the Aquatos and the Hoverships levels, you can try to put vu cycle stealing to +1 and overclock the Emotion engine to +1, this reduce the cpu load without compromising too mush the game speed.
But for Ratchet and Clank 2 there is no solution, if you do the same thing, the game will also hang at some electrolyser puzzles and in the Dobbo level, it is the most pickiest Ratchet game to run.

That reduces the lag even more - I can barely see it!
So, if it "hangs"what exactly is that and what do I do?
Well the only thing you can do is to only modify these value when it's neccesary.
And for the hangs I will try to be more clear:
When the game hangs, the screen will locked up and but the sound will still be played. In the Ratchet and Clank case, this will happen in some places (always the same, it's not random) if the game speed is not as expected, to avoid these hangs, you must just keep the EE and the VU to defaults values (green values). As a side note, overclock the EE improve the internal game speed at some places and is safe (but unfortunatly increase system requirements).It's more or less not an emulation issue, it's just the way how the game engine work.
Ahhhh I see, thank you :-)
I just ssaw the "tools/aplications/homebrew"forum and browsed it a bit. Is there any apps in there that can help? Maybe boost the game or something?