Settings for ICO
Hello all!
Can anyone help me with ICO? FPS in game is 20-25. It's very slow for me and i think that my computer ( Intel ® Pentium ® Dual CPU E2160 1.80Ghz 2 GB Operating Memory GeForce 9800GT 512 MB) can more.
Please if anybody run ICO with good amount of FPS give me settings of your plugins and PCSX 2.

Sorry for my English. I'm on Pre-Intermediate level =)

Sponsored links

Well, your graphics card is decent enough for the job but your processor (Pentium E2160) isn't going to produce very good results. I'm not too surprised that you are getting 20-25 fps.

I'm not sure about specific settings for ICO (I'm going to dig through my boxes and find it to try it out) but you may look into the "speed hacks" as this has helped me out to get a few extra FPS in games like Final Fantasy X (messes up the cgi cutscenes though).

To get to them just click Config/Speed Hacks.

Try them out, but don't be too surprised if the little Pentium doesn't give you quite the power you are after.
Thank you for quick answer. Tell me what processor ,for you, is very good for PCSX 2 and have not a big price (in dollars).
Hmm.. im using a intel core²duo e6850 and i would say that this cpu works good, i got constant 60fps in mostly every game, sometimes drops to 55-50 in some scenes.

I dunno the dollar price but here in germany it costs 130euro.
Yeah, the processor Jenova is talking about is actually a small step up from the E6400 that I'm using. Its very close to doing what I want it to but I would prefer something a little bit more powerful.

The processor I'm going to be upgrading to is Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775.

Its about $170 though so its going to have to wait for a while.

If you're looking for just a small jump up I would definitely look into the "Wolfdale" series that has a pretty wide variety of cpus from about $120 to $250 that would all do pretty nicely for PS2 emulation and just pc gaming in general.