Severe Graphical Issues in PCSX2
Bug 
Hi All,

I just downloaded PCSX2 and tried two different classic Ratchet & Clank games. Severe graphical issues can be seen as soon as I am able to play. The objects and characters and enemies in game all have glitchy graphics rendered to them. Also, the resolution doesn't appear normal. Does anyone know why this could be? I can't seem to find a solution.

I am running:
Windows 7 64-bit
Intel i7-4470k @ 3.9 GHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 780
8GB Ram
PCSX2 1.3.0

This is an image of the issue in-game:
[Image: k4xE2gX.jpg]

I have tried different graphic plugins and pressing tab

Is there something I missed? I can't figure it out.

Sponsored links

R&C games need software mode, press F9 to enable it. Before that, go to config->video->plugin settings and set extra rendering threads at the bottom to 4.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(02-22-2015, 09:26 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: R&C games need software mode, press F9 to enable it. Before that, go to config->video->plugin settings and set extra rendering threads at the bottom to 4.

It looks like that did the trick! You're a genius.

But now it seems like the game kind of runs in slow mo despite the fact that I am at a constant 60fps, especially when battling an enemy.

Any fix?
Wow, looks like that did the trick! You're a genius. +1 Rep to you!

But now it looks like the game is running in slow-mo, especially whenever I'm battling an enemy, despite the fact that I am getting a constant 60 fps.
Any fixes?
(02-22-2015, 09:19 PM)evan Wrote: Also, the resolution doesn't appear normal.

So your resolution is too high or too low or has the wrong aspect ratio?

If it is too high you probably used higher resolution than native.
If it is too low you probably run at native resolution but have the feeling that the graphics are too bad. Since upscaling is not possible in sw renderer you can only use AA to improve graphics.
If it has the wrong aspect ratio you can change that by either,.. or:
1. disable widescreen hacks
2. set output aspect ration in emulation settings -> gs window to 4:3.
(02-22-2015, 09:49 PM)willkuer Wrote: So your resolution is too high or too low or has the wrong aspect ratio?

If it is too high you probably used higher resolution than native.
If it is too low you probably run at native resolution but have the feeling that the graphics are too bad. Since upscaling is not possible in sw renderer you can only use AA to improve graphics.
If it has the wrong aspect ratio you can change that by either,.. or:
1. disable widescreen hacks
2. set output aspect ration in emulation settings -> gs window to 4:3.

I think the other users reply fixed everything, graphic wise. Is there any reason why my game might not be running fast all the time? Why does my game appear to run in slow mo?
Do you have any speedhacks enabled? (and sorry, your post got flagged by our spam filter ><)
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Sounds like VU cycle stealing to be precise. better to use preset '2 - safe'
(02-22-2015, 11:30 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Do you have any speedhacks enabled? (and sorry, your post got flagged by our spam filter ><)

(02-23-2015, 12:56 AM)willkuer Wrote: Sounds like VU cycle stealing to be precise. better to use preset '2 - safe'

Thank You!
(02-23-2015, 12:56 AM)willkuer Wrote: Sounds like VU cycle stealing to be precise. better to use preset '2 - safe'

I don't think VU cycle stealing is recommended for these games. I think it lowers performance. EE cycle rate works though.