Shaders for Linux version
Hello all,
I downloaded PCSX2 recently, and I was wondering how I could use shaders in the Linux version of PCSX2. I've been playing Xenosaga 3 for a while now, and I thought it might be cool to use some cell shaders. I tried it out on my Windows installation and it looked really cool, but the Windows version of PCSX2 doesn't play entirely correctly on my laptop for that game. The instructions for Windows were pretty straight forward, but I haven't been able to find any OpenGL instructions for Linux, and I've been having some trouble trying to find any shaders at all, despite some extensive Googling. I can't even find any directions for PCSX2.

My laptop specs:
AMD Ryzen 4700U (with integrated Radeon Graphics)
16gb of RAM

Sponsored links

AFAIK shaders aren't available on Linux, because they're based on DirectX11, which is exclusive to windows (Correct me if I'm wrong).

However, you could possibly try to run the Windows version on top of WINE using DXVK, but I have no idea if and how good that would work, in general I'd recommend to stick to native if possible.
Tired of always changing your PCSX2 Configuration for different games?

Check this out: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-MultiConfigTool
(03-01-2021, 09:22 AM)XXXBold Wrote: AFAIK shaders aren't available on Linux, because they're based on DirectX11, which is exclusive to windows (Correct me if I'm wrong).

However, you could possibly try to run the Windows version on top of WINE using DXVK, but I have no idea if and how good that would work, in general I'd recommend to stick to native if possible.

There is the option to add shaders, namely, glsl shaders for OpenGL. I actually did manage to hunt down some glsl shaders, but when I tried to use one, all I got was a white screen. Not certain what to do then. There's an option for a config file, but I don't know if it's mandatory or not, and I haven't been able to hunt down a config file at this time. I'll do some work on it, and if I find any answers, I'll post them here. I'm about as computer-literate as a person can get without being a programmer, and thankfully, I do have a rather high frustration-tolerance. 

I downloaded Wine...it keeps crashing on me though. And I can't get past regular setup on PCSX2. Lol.