Shadow Hearts Covenant
I play on the Mac and the FPS maxs in the start screen at around 10 and the Video's flicker something fierce. Kingdom hearts works fine for me though. I'm having to use version 9.6 cause the 9.7 alpha won't even load the game, and i just get a black screen. I've checked the compatibility page and it says that covenant should run just fine. Is it just because the plugins for the mac version aren't as updated as the Windows versions or is there some particular settings i need to use for this particular game?

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I'm using a 2011 Macbook Pro.

2.2 GHz intel Core i7
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 for my Ram
500 GB harddrive
AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB Graphocs Card

And I'm using 0.9.6 for the Mac because 0.9.7 wont even load the game.
And i'm using an ISO because i dont know how to play it directly off the disc.

Like i said i played kingdom hearts 2 and that worked just fine. With Shadow Hearts however the FMV sequences are choppy and the FPS for the game will rarely get above 10. and i dont mess with the settings unless i know it'll help because i dont want it to play worse.

oh and i'm using Lion as my OS
Pcasx2 for mac has still a lot of compatibility issues ( dunno about this game)
About the slowness, your cpu simply may not be up to the task (2,2 ghz is slow for pcsx2)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
So upgrading my processor speed should fix this?

And would my Mac being a quad-core have any barring on this?
Ok so it's definately not my processor speed. I installed pcsx2 1.0 for my bootcamp and it runs smoothly as the actual ps2. I'd prefer not using bootcamp to play though. So yeah, I'm assuming its just a driver issue with the Mac version of pcsx2 since that port isn't updated as often as the windows version. So I guess I'll play on that till the next Mac update. Thank you for assisting best you could though, I appreciate it. Smile
I have played Shadow Hearts From the New World and I actually enjoyed it. Especially the story and the fight program. I want to know if I should lease Covenant and Shadow Hearts 1 and if they are the same more or less. Are there big different versions between the games?