Shadow Hearts Covenant NTSC Flickering Screen
Hello, this is my first post, i wasn't really sure were to post this, so if it's in the wrong section i'm sorry.

I'm currently playing Shadow Hearts Covenant NTSC, and after trying different setting on the emulator it seems that the HW Hack "Preload Frame Data" can prevent the cut scenes and FMV to flicker on the pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-2319-gf6e4a3081-windows-x86 version, though the hack doesn't seems to work on the pcsx2-v1.40. Before I enable the Hack i got a flickering black screen before the Midway logo and also when i used pause during the intro FMV. It also seems that enabling the hack cause an other minor glitch that shows up only after the first fight when i load a save, it consists of two pixels lines around the navi-map.
Also the hack doesn't fix the judgement ring glitch during battle.
I took a screenshot of the glitch with the navi-map.
If someone can test this hack with further saves of the game it could be nice because i'm only in the beginning (Apoina Tower) and i don't know if i will play the game entirely.
I hope this could prove helpfull

[Image: SH2_N_M_glitch.png]

Sponsored links

Usually, Half pixel offset to special-texture or normal vertex help this type of issue but if it's still not working, try some "Sprite" or "Round sprite" options, everything is under the HW hacks section. Don't hesitate to post the results here.

And the preload frame data hack was updated recently to work with any DirectX render so this is why it don't work in PCSX2 1.4 (too old anyway now)
Quote:It also seems that enabling the hack cause an other minor glitch that shows up only after the first fight when i load a save, it consists of two pixels lines around the navi-map.

Perhaps the issue is similar to https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/1650

On 1.4 Preload Frame Data works on OpenGL only.
Thank you for the repplies.

I tried the Half Pixel offset, sprite, and round sprite options but the glitch still appear, but i don't mind. I prefer having this little glitch than having to switch between SW mode, and HW mode during cutscenes. I posted on the forum because i didn't find any solutions anywhere, the pcsx2wiki page of SH2 don't mention the preload frame data on the workaround section, so I thought about letting people know there is away to avoid the flickering. 

By the way is there a way to fix the judgement ring glitch ? (though i don't think there is at the moment.)
You can try...Config=>Emulation Setting=>Game Fixes=>enable the Manual game fixes and enable "Switch to GSdx software rendering when an FMV"