Shadow Hearts Half/Black Screen
So while playing Shadow Hearts 2, any time I get into a battle and one of my characters has to use the ring indicator I either have half a screen with the indicator or no screen with the indicator. It is not game breaking as i can still see and use the indicator, but it is irritating and I would like to fix it if I could. I also notice that FMVs flicker like crazy, again not game breaking but if I was epileptic I would die Tongue

I tried both hardware DX11 and OGL, messed around with the blending unit in OGL, no difference no matter what I did.

Black Screen:
[Image: 3tBTYPP.png]

Half Screen:
[Image: UryieGj.jpg]

EDIT: Never mind, It's been a long time since I dusted off PCSX2 and I thought to look at the compatibility page after I posted. SW mode fixes these things.
EDIT 2: SW mode does hammer the ee/gs much harder than HW mode though, will we ever see a HW mode fix? Laugh
Desktop:
Ryzen 7 5800X | MSI MAG CORELIQUID 360R | MSI X570 unify | 32GB DDR4@3600 MHz (14-14-14-34) | EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra
1TB + 2TB WD Black SN770 | Windows 11 Pro x64

Sponsored links

(12-24-2017, 06:40 PM)Carsomyr Wrote: So while playing Shadow Hearts 2, any time I get into a battle and one of my characters has to use the ring indicator I either have half a screen with the indicator or no screen with the indicator. It is not game breaking as i can still see and use the indicator, but it is irritating and I would like to fix it if I could. I also notice that FMVs flicker like crazy, again not game breaking but if I was epileptic I would die Tongue

I tried both hardware DX11 and OGL, messed around with the blending unit in OGL, no difference no matter what I did.

Black Screen:

Half Screen:

EDIT: Never mind, It's been a long time since I dusted off PCSX2 and I thought to look at the compatibility page after I posted. SW mode fixes these things.
EDIT 2: SW mode does hammer the ee/gs much harder than HW mode though, will we ever see a HW mode fix? Laugh
I too having the same problem, and what version of pcsx2 are you using ? Did you try other version of pcsx2 ?
You have to use the SW renderer apparently.
(12-24-2017, 06:40 PM)Carsomyr Wrote: So while playing Shadow Hearts 2, any time I get into a battle and one of my characters has to use the ring indicator I either have half a screen with the indicator or no screen with the indicator. It is not game breaking as i can still see and use the indicator, but it is irritating and I would like to fix it if I could. I also notice that FMVs flicker like crazy, again not game breaking but if I was epileptic I would die Tongue

Black Screen:
[Image: 3tBTYPP.png]

Half Screen:
[Image: UryieGj.jpg]

change the renderer to Direct3D 11 (Software) in the gsdx plugin settings, also make sure that the muv flag hack is unchecked in the speedhacks menu...but the software rendering is pretty much the crappiest emulation experience ever so it will not be the same quality as the hw rendering..
you can try this
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zxO0qm...yi7DQPG8g_
it's the zeroGS plugin, it's unfortunately deprecated by the forums but it's doing well for me, you can give it a shot to see whether your problem is fixed...hope that helps!

01010010011010010110010001100001☯
(12-28-2017, 02:16 PM)X_Grave_X Wrote: change the renderer to Direct3D 11 (Software) in the gsdx plugin settings, also make sure that the muv flag hack is unchecked in the speedhacks menu...but the software rendering is pretty much the crappiest emulation experience ever so it will not be the same quality as the hw rendering..
you can try this
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zxO0qm...yi7DQPG8g_
it's the zeroGS plugin, it's unfortunately deprecated  by the forums but it's doing well for me, you can give it a shot to see whether your problem is fixed...hope that helps!
i rechecked this plugin...and found out that it has a dedicated hack to such problem
check this pic
http://oi64.tinypic.com/2uzqgd3.jpg

01010010011010010110010001100001☯
Try this plugin, it is a more newer version of ZeroGS, you will have to read the readme to get it work (put 2 files in the PCSX2 root folder).
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10Rd1OcX...sp=sharing
The user already fixed their issue in the OP. Using ZeroGS is unnecessary.