Shadow Hearts Series Cheat Question
Is it possible to make a pnach to detect the attack wheel to automatically tell pcsx2 to go into software mode and to revert back when it's gone?

If not, could someone find the hex table number that detects the wheel so I can code it to do just that with ahk?
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb

Sponsored links

I am don't know much about this problem but when I tried SH2 just now,the only problem I see is that the screen is not showing the current character.
It is either black screen or different character screen on top and gray on the bottom,the wheel is displayed exactly as it should be

Constantly switching between SW\HW mode is not very good idea,I have seen pcsx2 crashing from that and there is a delay between switching and that wheel require timming

You can for example set R2 as a hotkey(in ahk script)that will press F9 when you press R2 and send it again when you release the button...personally I don't see much gain from using SW mode as you can see from the image(it's not like I get completly back screen)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

someone said in another thread that pnach way not possible. so I would like to use a memory address in ahk to tell pcsx2 to go into software mode when the attack ring is up and revert back when attack ring is gone. Doing it by color placement (getpixelcolor) in ahk is unreliable because shaders will change the colors onscreen and would make it not work.

Do you know the memory address for when this messed up screen/attack wheel is up? Yes, I know of the delay. I know of the crashes sometimes too. If I don't press it rapidly, it shouldn't crash though. But I would like to try this out.
It can't be done via memory address or pnach period. There's no way to automatically switch to SW mode unless you hard-coded a game-specific solution.
(10-23-2018, 10:38 PM)CK1 Wrote: It can't be done via memory address or pnach period. There's no way to automatically switch to SW mode unless you hard-coded a game-specific solution.
Everything in a game has a memory address. It can be done with ahk memory address feature. I just need the memory address of the wheel texture so I can tell ahk to press f9 when it is available. I know how to do that. But I never learned how to find memory addresses. I'm sure someone on here is a master of coding with memory addresses. If TAS can be done with a game, so can this because it practically the same thing. Cant be done with pcsx2 itself but it can be done through means that I've already said.

Edit: If using TC Offset of 350 and 350 to get rid of blur, pressing f9 on the attack wheel screen when you are in fullscreen mode will not fix the issue in software mode. TC offset must be 0 in order for this screen to be fixed by pressing f9.