Shadow of Collosus very slow!
I tried running SOC today and it ran incredibly slow. About 20 FPS or so, basically unplayable. I'm not sure if it's settings or just system specs. According to other threads I should get decent performance from my CPU.

Here are my specs.
[Image: odiui.png]

Sponsored links

SotC is a system killer to emulate. It requires a processor in the 4ghz+ range to run with minimal speed hacks... You may get more playable playing with the VU cycle steal hacks, but they will cause bad internal frame skipping in the game.
[Image: 2748844.png]
There is noway to make this game run faster, fps is very slow even you have powerful CPU, VGA or try speedhack... My friend has 4GHz Core 2 Duo OC and he run it very slow too!

I think cuz it is not fully compatibility with current builds of PCSX2, so maybe we need to wait for 0.9.8 or 0.9.9 version of PCSX2... You know PCSX2 is not perfect now... They are still developing it. Happy
Thank you both for the speedy reply. I'm glad that this game is an exception, this was the only game I tried and I was immediately discouraged.
Even with my i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz and a GTX 480 (It's almost one of the best setup you can get right now (for everyday use) for emulating PS2) and I only get 40fps average without any speedhacks. I have to set VU cycle stealing to 1 to get above 60fps. This should explain a lot.
CPU: i7 930 @ 2.8GHz(Everyday)/3.6GHz(Gaming)/4.0GHz(Encoding)
GPU: Geforce GTX 480 @ 850MHz/1001MHz
Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E
RAM: 2x3 6GB OCZ @ 1527MHz 8-8-8-24
(09-05-2010, 06:09 AM)RubberDucky451 Wrote: Thank you both for the speedy reply. I'm glad that this game is an exception, this was the only game I tried and I was immediately discouraged.

There are still a lot of games run smooth on PCSX2 and they dont need strong PC to run... You can play them to wait new version of PCSX2... Good luck! Laugh