Shadow of Colussus - settings
I've been wanting to play this game as my brother and a friend found out that it's apparently Zelda-like kind of game which is my type and the little I've been playing it seems to have promising story and gameplay. Very nice atmosphere.

Now the trick is I want the game run as fast as possible, extra graphics is not important as long as I can run fullscreen on my monitor which is 1080p. My computer is Q9550 @ 3.4GHz, GTX470 700/1400, 4GB 800MHz and Windows 7 64-bit. So far I have everything at default/recommended pretty much with DX9 as graphics plugin.

Any helpful tip in general preferably with this game as priority? Smile

Sponsored links

(02-02-2011, 08:21 PM)Nirth Wrote: I've been wanting to play this game as my brother and a friend found out that it's apparently Zelda-like kind of game which is my type and the little I've been playing it seems to have promising story and gameplay. Very nice atmosphere.

Now the trick is I want the game run as fast as possible, extra graphics is not important as long as I can run fullscreen on my monitor which is 1080p. My computer is Q9550 @ 3.4GHz, GTX470 700/1400, 4GB 800MHz and Windows 7 64-bit. So far I have everything at default/recommended pretty much with DX9 as graphics plugin.

Any helpful tip in general preferably with this game as priority? Smile
Change to the dx10-/11 plugin, fast, better emulation.
Also use the SSE4.1 plugin (i believe your CPU can handle that. if not then SSSE3)
Turn on all recommended speed hacks and EE cycle rate to 3 i believe it won't effect anything badly, but i am not sure, Maybe try VU cycle stealing up one notch, It can break games, I'm not sure if this is one it breaks. SotC is a very hard game to emulate, i believe it needs in the area of a 4ghz CPU to run at full speed. But thats only what i've heard. I don't have the game so i can't test.
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
it's also one of those few games with which vu cycle stealing works very well
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thanks guys! I turned on those speedhacks and the EE/VU cycles. It seems the game is effectively running at 55-60FPS most of the time but I think the game itself (or perhaps the emulator, I don't know which) is running slower but great enough. I can't wait for my PS2 USB adapter to arrive so I can plugin my PS2 controller and get on with some old school gaming. Smile
Use EE on 2 and VU on 1 becuse it affects bad on FMWs.